Chapter 2

*flashback from a year ago*

"You're (L/N) (F/N), right?" The Teiko coach, Shirogane Kozo asked.

"Yes."

"There's a reason why I called you here. But first..." He asked, "Do you like basketball?"

You replied, "Yes. But, I don't know how to play sir."

"It's alright." He glances at the paper on his desk, "I've heard from your teachers that you're very skilled in plan making and decision-making, is that true?"

You scratched your head, "Well, that's what the others say to me. They say I'm good at it especially in sports. Basketball was my favorite and they say I should become part of the club, but I wasn't sure."

"Then, let me ask you for a favor." He stated an offer, "(L/N), be Teiko's secret manager."

Your eyes widened in surprise, "What?! I thought the basketball club already have one."

"Yes but for the sake of victory, your skills are useful so I'd like to recruit you." He added, "And plus, you have good grades. Joining club activities is a compulsory. If you don't have any club to join this year, then grab this opportunity to exceed your talent."

*end of flashback*

You were introduced as Teiko's 2nd manager on your 2nd year of middle school even though they have the pinkette, Momoi. It's because the Teiko coach, Kozo offered you to become their secret manager. Basketball was one of your interests and you were eager to learn more about the game. Because of your analytic and strategic skills, you were qualified to join the team. You and Akashi were walking together to the Teiko's first string basketball court. Midorima went on his own first so there's a time for the two of you. Akashi broke the silence first.

"[L/N] [F/N]. I didn't know you'll be joining as our new manager."

"I was surprised too." You added, "The coach recruited me because he thought I would be useful."

"I see." He asked, "Do you play basketball?"

You replied, "No. But, I know the rules and how to play it. The knowledge I know from watching basketball was applicable that I was able to put in a game plan."

He offered, "If you'd like, I want to teach you how to play. Is that okay with you?"

You gave him an appreciated smile, "Thanks, I'd love to."

He smiled back. She haven't changed at all... When he thought about the past memory, he suddenly changed the topic, "[L/N], why did you have that piece?" He was referring to the shogi piece you dropped earlier. You were dumbfounded because you don't know where you get it, "Ah, that... I don't know where I get it but, I feel like it's something precious to me." You replied. Am I mistaken or....

"Do you remember anything on getting it from someone?" He asked again.

(Y/N) tries to think, "Hmm... No. I still don't know."

He was surprised at your reply. Could it be she already forgotten it? But why?

The two of you reached the court. You were welcomed by a pink haired girl and a tanned guy with her.

"You're the new manager, right? I'm Momoi Satsuki and this is Aomine-kun." She introduced.

"Yo." The tanned male said. He was staring at you for a while until his eyes looked down below, "You have nice body. But, it would be nice if your chest was a bit bigger." His lips formed a cocky smile.