Epilogue: His Answer to Fate

Several months after the wedding, you and Akashi spend your life together as a married couple. Even though the two of you were both busy, you still keep in touch with each other. The two of you lived happily when you gave birth to your first child, [Son's name]. Akashi's father was extremely happy as soon as you gave birth because your son took over his father because of his red hair and appearance but he got his (e/c) eyes from you. You were busy at work with your husband and got reminded that you have to pick up your son after school. You checked the time at your phone and said, "Sei, I'm going to pick up [son's name] at school today."

He set aside the paperworks at his desk, "Is that so? Well, I don't have much work left so let's go together."

"Sure." You were about to go but you reminded of something, "Oh, I almost forgot. Is today your mother's---"

He interrupted, "I'm glad you remembered." He came along with you to your son's school. As the two of you went there, you saw [son's name] playing basketball with his playmates. You chuckled, He's just like his father...

"Um. Are you [son's name]'s parents?" A teacher approached both of you.

"Yes." You replied.

"He's playing basketball with his playmates while waiting for you to pick him up."

"You seem familiar." Akashi added, "You must be Kuroko's wife?"

She chuckled, "That's right. My son is making friends with [son's name] while playing basketball."

"I see." Your son turned to notice you and your husband. "Mommy! Daddy!" He ran towards you.

"Sorry for being late, [son's name]." You patted his head gently.

"It's alright, Mommy." He added, "And besides, I had fun playing basketball."

You smiled, "Is that so? Your Daddy used to play basketball when he was a kid."

"Really?! Can Daddy teach me?"

"Yeah, you can." Akashi replied with a smile.

"Yehey!" The three of you walked and went inside the limousine. While on your way, your son asked, "Where are we going?"

"To visit your grandmother's grave." You replied.

"Okay." As the three of you went to your destination, your son went outside first then Akashi carried [son's name].

You retorted, "Sei, I should be the one who'll carry him."

"But he seem to like it though, am I right?" He looked at your son, "Yay! Daddy is so strong!" You rolled your eyes.

"And besides, my empress seems to be tired already." He teased.

"No. I'm not!" The three of you reached the grave and he put your son down. While you offered her favorite flowers, Akashi introduced you, "Mother. This is my wife, [F/N]. I'm sorry for the delayed visit and this is the first time she visited you."

"I don't think it's not, Seijuro." You interrupted.

"Why?"

"I'm going to greet her. Hi. Shiori-san. How are you in heaven? I already met your son and got married to him. I just wanted to say thank you. You were the reason why we met each other several times. When I was in Teiko, I didn't have any memories even in high school but my feelings for him remained. I was thinking... maybe I was really destined for him. When I heard about your death and saw Akashi at your grave, I didn't know that he was your son. When I saw him, I realized that I can give him the love he deserved as his lover. Once again, thank you." You sobbed.

"[F/N]..." He said in a low voice. He cupped your cheeks and kissed you. When he pulled back he said, "Why didn't you told me about it sooner?"

"Sorry... for not telling you..." You said in a low voice.

You explained, "Do you remember what I said about the person who taught me on having fun? It was your mother. I was still young back then but she's probably one of the guests in our house. When I was a kid, I was crying but she cheered me up by playing with her. She said that she reminded me of you and hoping that I'll meet you soon. I guess we've been played by fate several times."

That's right, the answer... It was right in front of me. Could it be it was her the whole time? I should've known...

"Huh? Where's [son's name]?" Your eyes wandered around and got thinking that he was lost. Where is he?  You got worried.

"MOMMY!" You heard his voice from afar and saw him waving his hand.

"[Son's name], you made me worried." You ran towards your son. While running, you saw familiar faces. Your eyes widened in surprise, "You guys...."

"Yo. [L/N]-cchi."

"[F/N]-chan."

"Hello."

It was everyone in the Generation of Miracles. You patted his head, "[Son's name], you made me worried."

Kise explained, "This kid ran towards me while playing and I wondered that he looked familiar."

Momoi asked, "Is this your son?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"The resemblance is so uncanny." She added, "He looks just like Akashi. What's your name?"

"[Son's name]. Are you mommy's friends?" He asked.

"That's right!" She added, "We are your father's former teammates."

"Waaah really? Every single of you play basketball?"

"Yes!" Momoi said with a smile.

"Mommy, you have nice friends! Hehehe." He commented with a smile. You also smiled back. [Son's name] wandered his eyes and pointed at somebody, "Ah! You looked like my teacher!"

"What are you talking about? Ehhh!" You turned to notice Kuroko.

"Hello. I'm your teacher's husband." He said in a poker face but he smiled at him.

"K-Kuroko. I didn't recognize you."

"I did say hello at the beginning though." So it was him who said that from earlier...

"Why did you come here, guys?" You asked.

"We're also paying a visit to Akashi's grave nanodayo." Midorima replied.

"I see." You added, "He was right over there." You pointed at your husband.

****

Akashi was still standing at his mother's grave thinking about [Y/N]'s greeting. He recalled about the past and his last conversation with his mother.

Mother, I finally have my answer...

Fate is what brought me to her. You said that not all things that fate brings is bad, right? I realized that you're right, maybe because I met her. She was unexpected in different ways. She keeps making me surprised and makes me happy. I realized that your death has a purpose. If you were still alive, I would've met her. After all this time, she was the right person for me. The answer was [F/N] all along.

Thank you for letting me meet her, mother...

*******

A/N: Thank you for reading my story ^_^ I'm glad that some KnB fans are reading this. Do you like it? It's my first time to write something like this and I need more time to improve.

I'll be writing my next story: Possessive Emperor. I have to prepare my freewriting so please look forward to it ;)