Chapter 12

Your head is currently screaming that the redheaded emperor was finally your boyfriend.

You were happy humming your favorite song as you washed the dishes. As you arranged the plates, you thought of what happened on your first date.

Akashi confessed to you. Not only that, the two of you kissed. Thinking about it makes you squeal. It made you smile by yourself. Like an idiot. Well, it happens when you're really in love.

"[Y/N], you seem very happy. Did the date went well last night?" Your mother asked.

"Yes." You giggled.

"Hmm..." She gave you a teasing look, "So, what do you think about him? Is he handsome?"

You retorted, "Mom, you looked like a teenager."

She laughed, "Just answer me. We're going to have a mother and daughter talk while your father is out for business."

You sighed, "Fine. But first, I have a question."

"What is it?"

You have a question to ask your mother. Especially about the accident. Everything is finally clear however, you just need an explanation. A reason why your parents hid your memory loss.

"Mom, why did you hide the fact that I had a memory loss?" You seriously asked.

She shifted her expression. She looked like she didn't want to talk about it as she asked this, "Did you... get your memories back?"

You nodded your head. "Alright. I'll explain what happened." She took a deep breath, "You would've lost your memories when it happened. When you were still ten years old, we visited a funeral of our benefactor... The Akashi family. They helped us since your father became the new CEO."

"The Akashi family? Who among them died?" You asked.

"Akashi's mother." Your mother replied. You gasped knowing the stated fact. You recall the incident how you hit your head remembering the woman appeared in your memories. It was clarified that it was her all along.

"So it was his mother..." You felt sorry, "And how is it connected to the accident?"

"Now you know?" She continued, "When your fiancé's mother died, I left you in the cemetery because I want to get something to eat. It was my fault that I left you with my personal maid. Someone hijacked our family car and kidnapped you."

You recalled that horrifying event. Everything that your mother said was true. Since you had a keen eye and a long-term memory as a child, you played the scenario in your head. It was nerve-wrecking. Judging from its appearance and behavior, you seemed that the kidnapper was influenced with drugs.

She explained the investigation of your accidental case. Your assumption was right.

"I'm terribly sorry, my lovely daughter." She cried, "I'm sorry for being such a careless mother."

"I forgive you, mom. It's alright. Everyone makes mistakes. Not every parent is perfect." You rubbed your mother's back for comfort, "And besides, it happened already. Even though I lost my memories, I'll always end up with the person I love right now."

"[Y/N], I'm so proud to have a daughter like you." She wiped her tears with a hankerchief, "Your father and I prioritize your happiness more than anything else. Tell me, do you regret everything you do in the past few years?"

You replied, "No, I don't."

She gave a sweet smile, "Okay, let's continue our mother and daughter talk then?"

"Sure."

*****

"A banquet?" Akashi asked.

"Yes." His father added, "We were invited by the celebrant himself. He heard from his wife that the arranged date went well with their daughter."

"[L/N] [F/N], right? I know. She already told me what happened on that day." His father's expression seemed like he expected it, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

He gave a short laugh, "Where would be the fun to all that?"

The redhead couldn't speak. His father probably enjoyed watching him being desperate to get the girl he likes in such a very small world he live in. He wanted to be angry about it but he let it be because he already knew the truth. Can that truth will bring closer towards the answer?

"Seijuro, you're not mad at your father, are you?" He asked.

"No. I'm not." He replied, " I was just relieved to know the truth that I'm unaware of."

"I see. Get yourself prepared by next week. I have to talk to him now. You may leave." And so, Akashi left his father's office.

*****

After the mother-daughter talk you had, a sudden beep from your phone was heard. It was a message from your boyfriend. You chuckled while reading it.

[Y/N], sorry for the late message. I was busy for work. Did you sleep well? Were you thinking of me in your dreams last night? If we thought of each other, maybe because you want to see me? I really miss you already. I want to see you too...

*chuckles* Seijuro is so sweet when texting. I can even imagine him saying these things. I miss him already... You thought thinking that you should give him a reply.

To: Seijuro <3

*chuckles* I had a very good night sleep and I was thinking the same thing. I thought I was the only one.

You sent the message. Shortly after, he responded quickly.

If you really miss me, I guess I should give you a call.

Shortly, your phone vibrated and answered the call, "Seijuro?"

"I miss you, [Y/N]."

"I miss you too." You chuckled, "I'm glad you called."

"That's because I miss hearing your voice. I want to hear you before going to bed."

"I like hearing your voice too."

"I'm happy to hear that from you." He chuckled, "[Y/N], have you heard anything from your parents about the party?"

"Oh, that? I was told that the party is on New Year's Eve. It was my father's birthday." You clearly stated.

"Then that means, we had a lot of time to spend for the holidays." He paused, "Speaking of holidays and free time, do you have plans? Especially tomorrow?"

"No."

"Then, let's go on a date again." You blushed while on the phone as he said that. Another date? Your heart was beating fast at a higher pace. This guy really knows how to make me go fluttering like that. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I love him... You chuckled in your thoughts.

"Sure." You smiled.

"It's decided then. Good night [Y/N]."

"Good night. See ya tomorrow." He ended the call as your replied him back.

You dropped yourself onto the bed hugging your pillow tightly. Your heart is still beating from all that conversation. You rolled on your bed back and forth.

I wonder what kind of date would it be next time? Can't wait. You thought to yourself as your eyes fell into a deep sleep.

************************************

A/N: Omg, I was squealing while reading my own writing. Have you experienced that? Hahaha. The pleasure of writing....