Chapter 9

You asked Yuiko to go with you. Your mother grants your permission because she was a famous designer's daughter and a friend of your mom. She just returned from Paris for vacation, you even waited for her at the airport because you were happy to see her since the two of you were playmates when you're little. The two of you were always talking to each other through calls and texts. She knew all about your middle school and high school days because she's the only one you can count on. The two of you went to see the shopping mall where her mother is working.

"Yuiko, you're here with a friend?" Her mother is so beautiful. You thought. She was mature yet feminine. Her clothes are stylish, as expected of a famous designer.

"This is [F/N]. You don't recognize her mom?" she asked and her mother was surprised.

"Are you okay?" she added and looked worried, "I've heard from your mom about your condition. Do you remember anything in your childhood?" What does she mean by that? You thought.

"Mom, you haven't told me about this. What happened to her back then? She seem fine after I went to Paris." Yuiko asked. Huh? I don't get it.

"Before that, why are you here [F/N]?" Her mom asked.

"Actually, I was going to choose a gown for a masquerade party." You said.

"You came to the right place." She added, "Come here and select which gown do you like." Your best friend accompanied you to choose a gown. You're having a hard time to choose one because the gowns are so beautiful. Yuiko recommends some gowns to choose while you're thinking which will suit you. You preferred a gown that can make you know what image and personality you have.

"[F/N], what do you think of this one?" She was holding a tube slit gown that shows your cleavage and has truffles on the skirt. It looked elegant and beautiful. The color of it was [f/c].

"That was a nice one." Her mom added, "The party was tonight, right? We better prepare you for a makeover. Leave it to us!" You just smiled then the two of them fixed your hair and makeup.

"Please make sure I won't be recognized." You said.

"For special reasons? Is it a boy?" She teased, you were just silent.

"Ok. I'll try my best and besides, you rarely came to any host parties right?" She added , "Everyone else will be surprised to see you transformed into an elegant lady."

You blushed at her compliment. It's true that you rarely attend host parties and events because it was very tiring that you preferred to wear active clothing in watching basketball teams rather than wearing gowns and high heels, It was very embarrassing and it's hard to move when you're wearing a gown. They finished fixing your makeup making you looked like a different person. Your best friend is fixing your hair with curls on your [h/c] hair. The two of them did a great job. Since it's almost time for the party, you wore the gown that [best friend's name] chose and wore the paired high heels. Great timing that your parents came here to escort you. The two of them were surprised how much their daughter looked beautiful. The three of you rode a limousine to Akashi's birthday party at his mansion. You put your mask and went outside the vehicle. You were shocked at the fact that his mansion is very wide and tall like it's even the highest place in Kyoto. The three of you went inside and your parents left you to talk with the party hosts. You were left alone walking around the mansion until a crowd gathered as the celebrant came.

Here he comes....

There came Akashi. He's wearing a black vest suit and a black tie. His beautiful red eyes glowed like rubies as he smiled to the crowd. Seeing him made you blush to the fact that you're cheeks turned red like a tomato as you looked at him. Your heart was throbbing like crazy that you can't stop staring at him.

 Your heart was throbbing like crazy that you can't stop staring at him

Why is my heart beating like this? You thought.

He.

Just.

Looks.

So.

Handsome...

No! You can't fall for something like that [F/N], calm down! You talked to yourself.

"Greetings, I'd like to thank everyone who are here tonight. As for today, I'll play a performance for all of you." The crowd applaud as he prepared to play the violin.

Violin....

(A/N: Please play the audio ^_^)

As the piano was played, it was accompanied by his performance. You felt a nostalgic feeling that made you remembered something.

Akashi... I feel like I've heard of this before...

An image flashed in your mind: You went to the funeral with a maid and heard the familiar sound of the violin coming from the woman's burial site. You don't know the person who played it but he seem young.

The music made you remember something that you felt your head dizzy and felt a little faint.

"Miss, are you alright?" A woman asked.

"I'm fine. Just a little faint." You said.

You closed your eyes while listening to the music, you thought to yourself:

This music... it's very sad. Akashi, is this what you feel right now?

Why is he playing this song? It's the same song that I heard when I was visiting someone's grave...

I wonder when did that happen?

You felt tears flowing from your eyes. Huh? Why am I crying? [Y/N] lowered her head and adjusted her mask and wiped her tears. Why does seeing him makes me sad? My tears won't stop...

As the music ended, a round of applause was heard. You were speechless, as if you were moved by the music. You don't know what to do now. You had mixed emotions about him. You don't know what to do whether you want to see him or not. You became exhausted and want to go out for some fresh air. You went to the mansion's balcony up in the stairs to relax. No one in the mansion hallways is here because it's very quiet so you took off your mask and continued to sob. You couldn't control your eyes from crying because you feel bad by not telling him. I'm sorry that I can't tell you...

"Why are you here?" A familliar voice asked. You gasped and put back your mask quickly to face him. He was walking towards you. Uh oh. I think he caught me...

"Eh? Um, I'm just here for----" And then, he suddenly crashed his lips into yours.

****

A/N: Kyaaaaah it's finally done! >.< About the violin scene, I remembered a violin performance and I really like listening to it live. It was beautiful, so I put it in my story as an inspiration. I also remembered Akashi playing it though. Imagining him playing it is so kyaaaaah >_< ♡○♡ Anyway, enough with the fangirling. See you in the next chapter.