Chapter 8

[F/N] woke up and opened your eyes slowly. You were still half-asleep and headed straight to the bathroom. Unfortunately, you bumped your head. Your head was spinning and you get dizzy. The scenes of your past are whirling inside your head.

*flashback*

When you were still little, you were in an unfamiliar house. Your parents are talking to strangers. They didn't recognize what you felt but you were upset because you didn't know what it means to have fun. You cried aloud until a beautiful woman saw you. "Aw, don't cry." She gave you a candy then you accepted it. "Want to play with me?" She offered you to play shogi. She taught you everything on how to play it and you already get used to it. You were smiling as if you had fun. "See? Did you have fun?" She asked. "Yes." You replied. "I see. You have a special talent, [F/N]-chan." She smiled. "What do you mean?" You asked. "You reminded me of my son." She added, "I'm sure you'll meet him soon." "Who is it?" You asked. "I assure you that you'll meet him by fate."

You treasured that woman's words until she died of an illness. You were sad upon hearing the news. You even visited her funeral along with your parents. Somehow, her inspiring words helped you what you really are now.

*end of flashback*

[F/N] gasped at the memory she remembered and glances at the shogi piece on the table. Who was that woman? You thought and remembered the words that she said to you. You were thinking what she meant by meeting his son by fate...

You prepared to move in to Kyoto on your 2nd year of high school. You fixed all of your things and puts the shogi piece on your uniform pocket and rode a limousine to go to your school: Rakuzan High School. The reason why you moved in because of your parents work for the upcoming project in your family business. You were also excited to go because you can finally meet him. Unfortunately, you and Akashi were in different classes yet both of you have the same schedule. You still haven't forgotten about how he changed since his defeat in the Winter Cup Finals. It was quite shocking to you because the Akashi you know is back. But still, you want to avoid him and just wanted to stay the same as friends and move on. After classes, there is a club formation for recruiting new members. Obviously, [F/N] joined the basketball club. I guess it's time to say hi. You thought as you entered the basketball team after you signed the club. You walked towards the captain of the team smiling at you, "I guess you're already back."

"Well, it's good to be back, captain." You said. He smiled at you and introduced the three from Uncrowned Kings who are already 3rd years.

"Listen, this is [L/N] [F/N]. She's a friend and the new manager here." He said.

"It's nice to meet all of you guys again." You bowed.

"Huh? Seriously?!" Kotaro reacted.

"Sei-chan, this can't be happening right?" Reo asked.

"She came from Seirin right? But why?" Eikichi asked.

"It's my decision to stay here after all." You added, "My parents moved in to Kyoto because of work. I also talked to Kuroko's team that I decided to leave after the Winter Cup is over because of one reason."

"Because of one reason?" The three of them asked.

"Yes. It was a good timing that my parents decided to move in to Kyoto and make me study here. As a result, I'll be able to meet him." You explained as he looked at you. You just smiled back at him.

"Ehhhh?! Sei-chan you should've told us sooner."

"Yeah. Since when did you know her?"

"She was the cause why you turned back to normal right?"

"Enough with the questions." Akashi coldly said. I'm glad that you came back, [Y/N]...

******

"Huh?! I was invited?!" You asked your father while holding the invitation.

"The Akashi Family will be holding a birthday celebration to their son. The theme will be masquerade." He added, "We have good connections with them. His father is an old acquaintance of mine. It would be a waste if we didn't come." [F/N] opened the invitation and reads it. December 20.... Wait, is that why he asked me if I have no plans on that day?

*flashback*

It was two days before Akashi's birthday.

"Do you have plans in the 20th?" He asked you.

"Well, I have. Why?" You replied. That's because you were so busy doing schoolwork and the club activities.

"Nevermind." He said as he walked away.

*end of flashback*

I turned him down though. But my parents asked me to come. He might be upset if I didn't go. You blinked twice. Wait, why am I thinking about that?! There's no time to think about it now. What should I do? I don't want to go but I can't. Talk about a bad timing...

"Father, I don't think I would come." You said.

"I won't allow it!" He said as he slammed the table, "You should attend as the daughter of the [L/N] family. The three of us should be present. I'll tell your mom about this." You pouted. You were frustrated right now because you don't know what to do. Then suddenly, you received a call from your cellphone.

"Hello?"

"[F/N]-chan! It's been a while. Where are you now? I'll be coming home soon."

"Really?!" You excitedly heard a friendly voice, "I'll be coming to pick you up. I also have a favor to ask of you."

"Alright, I'm looking forward to meet you again at the airport. See ya." The call ended. You formed a curled smile from your lips.

You stood up and said, "Father, I'll be coming to the party." He gave you a satisfied smile.