30

A/N: their new songs and old songs are quite fitting but I've done failure to the song for this chapter TT

Your P.O.V:              

Taehyung wrapped a hand around my waist securely as he stole glances at me once in a while.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I sighed in annoyance wanting to ignore the repetitive question.

"How's school life without me hm?" I asked, changing the topic. Taehyung chuckled, shaking his head.

"Boring and empty, my best friend isn't with me you know." He pouted like a baby.

I laughed, "Now you know how I feel when you moved to the states." I stuck my tongue out to tease him.

"Oh, look. There's a pretty flower there." He pointed to my side. Flower?  I looked to the side and my eyes caught something.

"Where?" I asked, not seeing any flowers but plain grass instead. "Look carefully," Taehyung said, suppressing his laughter but failed and ended up snorting.

That's when I realized he had pulled a prank on me.

I turned around and immediately got tickled by him. The both of us broke into laughter as I tried to get free from him.

"Y-yah Kim Taehyung stop it!" I exclaimed, trying to push him away as he grinned slyly shaking his head.

"I'm going to make you regret teasing me, Park Y/N~" I pushed him away and backed off but my legs got all wobbly, making me fall backwards.

Holy crap, why did I do that?!

"Y/N!" Taehyung shouted I bit down on my lip as Taehyung grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me towards him.

I immediately wrapped my hands around his neck tightly as I heaved a sigh of relief.

Thank the lord I'm not dying an early death, wow. God isn't going to take away my soul so quickly now.

"I'm so sorry Y/N!" Taehyung apologized repeatedly. We stayed in that position until my heart calms down a little.

I smiled, "It's not your fault, Taehyung." I assured, after all, it was my stupid choice for doing it.

"If you say so...let's get going." Taehyung gave a one-sided smile and held onto my hand.

"Thanks~" He nodded his head and we continued our way to school. While he was talking, my mind wandered off somewhere.

I looked behind and saw Jungkook rooted at his spot, his fingers clenched and then relaxing, unsure of what to do as he stared at the ground.

I pursed my lips into a straight line and muttered a sorry as I could feel tears developing.

He definitely saw that.
____________________________________

"Y/N!" Hoseok shouted as he ran over to me and engulfed me in a Teddy bear hug.

"Yah hyung!" Taehyung tried to rip me off him.I got flustered as the surrounding students had their attention on us.

"H-hey Hoseok." I greeted.

The others walked over and greeted me & Taehyung. "You look pale, Y/N," Yoongi commented.

I shrugged, "but you still look pretty~" Jin added, I chuckled. "Did the one and only worldwide handsome just said I'm pretty?" I repeated.

"Well, you're pretty but I'm prettier." All of us laughed at him, Jin sure has a high self-esteem I wish I could be like him.

"Yo Jungkook." Namjoon waved, I turned around to see Jungkook averting his gaze away from me to Taehyung's hand around my waist. 

"Good morning, hyungs." He greeted, I wanted to laugh. Jungkook was poking his inner cheeks with his tongue indicating that he's jealous but I can't.

I removed Taehyung's hand from my waist, "I'll head to class first." Jungkook is making me feel uncomfortable.

"I'll accompany you?" I shook my head, "I can manage, thanks tae~" I smiled, "see you guys later."

There were a lot of people in the hallway today and I mean more than usual which was weird and they were all looking at me, whispering.

"Oh look, it's the girl who got chased out of the Jeon's household!" Hyun Mi approached me with a grin on her face while the crowd laughed.

I rolled my eyes at her and moved to the side but Hyun Mi did the same and grabbed my chin, tilting my face to the sides.

"Look how pathetic you are, Y/N. No wonder Jungkook's father doesn't accept you."

I slapped her hands away, I'm not going to entertain anyone today.

"You aren't any better, Hyun Mi. Jungkook's parents might have accepted you but Jungkook himself doesn't."

A slap was delivered as I fell from the impact, I winced in pain as I received a shock from the sudden contact.

Curse this weak state, Hyun Mi smirked and kneeled down to my eye level.

"Don't get so smug just because Jungkook oppa likes you, he has to obey his parents or he'll be nothing, like how he'll be if he continues being with you."

That struck a chord in my heart as tears started pricking again. As much as I don't want to believe Hyun Mi, what she says is true.

Jungkook and I are in different positions, seeing how his father is, he'll definitely get chased out if I continue to be with him.

Maybe, I really have to let him go but I'd rather avoid this topic now.

"Go away, Hyun Mi. I don't care what you say." I said standing up, steadying myself for balance.

Hyun Mi scowled and raised her hand to slap me, I immediately closed my eyes to receive another slap but it didn't come.

Instead, I felt an arm hugging my waist and pulling me. I opened my eyes to see Jungkook grabbing onto Hyun Mi's hand.

"Jungkook..." I whimpered as he let go of her hand, "Go back to class." He instructed, tone dropping to a growl.

Hyun Mi clicked her tongue in annoyance and left. "All of you too." Jungkook looked at them and they all left silently.

Jungkook moved his arms to my shoulders turning me to face him. "Y/N," his voice went back to normal, sweet and soothing.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook leaned in with his eyes closed, by now, tears were escaping my eyes once again as I pushed him away.

"You shouldn't be with me." Jungkook sighed and opened his eyes, his eyes were showing that he was hurting inside and I felt guilty to be the cause of it.

Jungkook rested his forehead on my shoulder as I combed his hair with my fingers, I could feel wetness on my shirt.

I stepped back. "Don't be like this-" I covered his mouth and smiled, quickly wiping away my tears.

"We have to."

--------

A/N: Good ending or bad ending? There is a catch to it.