39

Author's P.O.V:

So here you are at the dining area with Jungkook beside you, your dad in front of you. Jungkook has been dying of nervousness since you invited him for dinner and that nervousness rose to another level with your dad sitting in front of him.

On the other hand, you were amused at how Jungkook can get so shy and nervous in front of your mum and dad.

Those were the emotions he rarely showed which make the situation right now very...nerve-wrecking and interesting.

You wanted to know how Jungkook would handle this and your dad's reaction be.

"Who's your friend here?" Your dad asked, intrigued by the clearly handsome, nervous boy with wide doe eyes glancing at you most of the time, if not, the surroundings as if he was exploring a completely new environment.

"He's my-"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." He finally introduced, you squeezed his hand in encouragement. Jungkook felt a little proud saying that since it was his first sentence completed without stuttering.

Your dad nodded his head slowly, finally getting his name now, and for some reason, the name felt familiar to him. Jeon? He probably heard that from somewhere.

There was also something going on he felt, the both of you were exchanging glances and the feel about it was off. It was definitely not the normal exchange of glances between friends.

He pretty much has a good hunch on what's going on.

"Let's eat." Your mum sat down and clapped cheerfully. Being the well-mannered person he is, Jungkook smiled and thanked your mother for the food, eager to taste homemade cooking.

"He still looks handsome when he eat." Your mum commented, making everyone stop their actions mid-air. "Eomma, that's just creepy." You said, nudging Jungkook.

Jungkook gave a side smile and ruffled your hair. "Are you two the same age?" Dad asked, curios. After all. Jungkook look so young yet matured. Jungkook nodded.

"We're in most of each other's classes." You said. "That's nice, how's our daughter like?" Mum asked, changing the topic. Jungkook took a sip of water and swallowed.

"Y/N is a really beautiful, kind and smart girl. She can be very selfless at times, that's what I like about her." Jungkook hummed, interlocking your fingers together under the table.

You smiled, happy of Jungkook complimenting you. "That's so sweet of you, dear." Your mother internally fangirl at how cute you and Jungkook are meanwhile your father has his suspicion level up high.

"Is there something I need to know, Y/N?" Your father finally questioned, placing the cultery down. You giggled nervously then said yes when your father gave a serious look. Now it was time for you to hold your breath and pray for the best.

"Jungkook..."

Jungkook stood up, interrupting you and all eyes were on him now. He bowed and took your hand in his making you surprised from his sudden bold actions.

"We wanted to let you know that Y/N and I are together and we hope that you would agree of our relationship." Jungkook said.

Your dad and mum just stared at each other for a moment and that made the two of you nervous as hell. You could guess your mum's reaction but not your dad.

"I can't believe she got a good one."

"I can't believe this is happening"

Both your parent said at the same time making you and Jungkook exhale deeply. "So...is that a yes?" You anticipated, hoping it was.

"Yes!"

"We'll see."

It was two different answers. "What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, biting his lips. Your dad stood up and told him to answer a few questions.

"First of all, your surname is Jeon. Correct?" Jungkook nodded his head.

"Second, your father is the CEO of the new uprising company?" Again, he nodded his head. Jungkook didn't knew how to react to that in the first place, he himself was surprised that your father would catch up with things so soon.

"Lastly, you're having a marriage contract with another big company's CEO daughter? Am I right." That left Jungkook speechless, he didn't knew how to answer that. He told his father he will never agree to it but knowing his own father, Jungkook will definitely be forced to marry Hyun Mi.

You wanted to butt in but you also didn't knew what to say. This matter is out of your hands, in the first place.

Your dad raised an eyebrow from the prolonged time to answer. "I'll take that as a yes so it's a no to your relationship." With that, your dad left the table.

"Is that true, young man?" Your mum asked. Jungkook nodded and immediately went after your dad, leaving you with your mum. You hoped that whatever Jungkook's going to do would be a good thing.

"W-wait, hear me out please." Jungkook ran in front of your father, blocking his path to his room. "You-"

"I spoke to my father about this and I told him no matter what, I refuse to agree to the marriage contract because I only have Y/N in my eyes and I want to stay by her side all the time and not with someone else I don't like." Jungkook cutted in, not wanting to listen to what your father wanted to say.

"Does your father agree to this?" Jungkook shrugged. "I'll convince him no matter what, I really want to be with Y/N..." Your father thought for a while.

"Fine, I'll accept it in two conditions."

Your P.O.V:

I was biting my nails anxiously waiting for Jungkook to appear, It's been ten minutes and he hasn't appeared even for a second to show how he's doing.

Oh my god. What if Jungkook messed up because he was too nervous and dad is giving him a lecture. I got to save him!

"Y/N, you're worrying too much. You can't even hear your father shouting, do you?" Mum tried to calm me down.

"But eomma, Jungkook was really nervous and I'm afraid he'll say something worng." I whined, Mum shrugged and shushed me, "Do what you want to relieve yourself then."

I immediately ran up to my parents room and leaned on the door to listen on what's happening on the other side. To my shock, I heard Jungkook groaning while my father was laughing.

I opened the door, about to charge in to see them sitting in front of the television, Overwatch being played on it and my dad having Jungkook in a head lock, messing his hair.

"He's a good one, Y/N. He pass this now onto the second condition." Jungkook laughed a long with my father as I watch in amusement at the two of them messing around as if they knew each other for a long time.

A/N: I might actually put this book on hold or end it in 2 chapters time since I'm at my breaking point these few months. So this is why I took longer for this update and I'm losing my motivation but I'm trying for you, reader's sake to end this story on a good note, but not now for good and better quality. Hence, I apologize.