38

Your P.O.V:  

"Y/N, do you have anything to say?" I turned towards the door as my mum peeked inside.

I tilted my head, do I? I don't think so. "Nope." She hummed and entered my room closing the door behind her.

"You sure about that? Nothing is happening?" I pursed my lips. These days everything has been passing by smoothly and I'm glad.

Like how Hyun Mi is finally not bothering me anymore, Jungkook and I-

My eyes widened, I smiled sheepishly at mum as she kept throwing questions at me.

I forgot that I didn't tell mum and dad about my relationship oh my god. She's probably referring to it!

But I don't know what to say because I don't know how they'll react. I wanted to give myself a slap.

"So?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "You know, I've been hinting and asking Taehyung about dating..." I cleared my throat and looked away.

Please tell me she didn't do what I just thought about.

"and who he likes, all those stuff. He keeps denying that he isn't in a relationship although he has someone he likes so I probed further, you know to see if my dear daughter has a chance with such a fine man."

"Eomma!" I shoved her slightly as she giggled in response. "Poor Taehyung had to go through all that." and she just embarrassed her own daughter!

"So he finally confessed after all that protestion that he likes you!"

I laughed nervously as she hugged me tightly. I know that mum, I know that and I still feel bad.

"But eomma-" I wanted to say something but she continued.

"My daughter has a chance, yay. I asked him to ask you out for a date you know, but he kept saying he can't do it."

"I also can't do it..." I mumbled. Taehyung told me that he'll try to throw his feelings away so that it'll be good for us and if I don't do anything too, then all his effort will go to waste.

"He already feels like he's betraying his friend. Something like that and honestly, I don't know why but I kept encouraging him so be prepared~" Mum squealed hugging me again as I tried to form the words in my mouth.

"Eomma...listen-" I pushed her and looked into her eyes putting on my serious face.

"Oh wait, here's the exciting part!" Mum shushed me and I groaned in annoyance, laying back down on my bed.

Mum can be so annoying sometimes...she won't listen to me. I need to clear everything up for her before she does something stupid.

"Listen, I've set up a date for you and him with his mother's permission since he keeps turning down."

"You can't do that!" I exclaimed, grabbing her shoulders and forcing her to listen to me.

"Why not? You don't like Taehyung?" Mum blinked. I sighed and shook my head, "No, it's not that..." I mentally prepared myself for hoe she was going to react.

"I have a boyfriend already." Silence filled the room after I said what I just said. Mum just blankly stared at me while I fidget around.

"You what?"

"I have a boyfriend, eomma and his name is Jeon Jungkook." I repeated.

My body tensed up when she leaned forward and stared into my eyes, frowning. She flicked my forehead hardly making me wince.

"You're still dreaming?" Mum questioned. I shook my head vigorously.

"He's a friend of Taehyung too, that's why Taehyung kept rejecting your offer." I explained.

"So yeah..." I smiled as she thought for a while. "No wonder you're always going out without Taehyung." Mum crossed her arms.

"Have I seen him before? Is he good?" I grinned a little. "Yes and no." I took out my phone and showed her a picture of Jungkook that I took.

"Handsome isn't he?" Mum eyes widened as she snatched my phone away to get a clearer look.

"Yap, better than your father." I accidentally snorted. "But how dare you not tell me about this, Park Y/N?" She narrowed her eyes like I offended her.

I rubbed my neck nervously, "Because...it isn't the time yet?" I said slowly earning an eye roll from her.

"I want to meet him." She simply stated and left the room leaving me dumbfounded.
________________________________

"Jungkook~" I called out, running towards him. He turned around smiling at me then going back on his phone.

"How's your day going?" He asked. I shrugged, "What about you?"

Jungkook sighed and began to ramble about our previous ruined date.

"And I miss you much more because of that. We barely have time to ourselves." He pouted.

I couldn't help but to squish his cheeks which made him do the same to me.

We ended up having a...cheek-squishing-war thing? Till our faces turned red.

"Ah, my face hurts now." I whined as he tried poking my cheeks.

Jungkook laughed, carressing my cheeks to soothe the pain. "Wanna have dinner with me?"

I nodded. He extended his hands and pulled me up as I place mine on his.

"That's extra." I commented. Jungkook shook his head. Looking offended. "No way, that's just courtesy."

"Do you want to go anywhere specific to eat?" Jungkook hummed then shook his head.

Hopefully, this is the right timing and if dad is home now, that'll be another issue to handle.

Dad is one of those parents that doesn't approve of a relationship yet he doesn't care much about it.

So I don't know...argh. This is just a case of sooner or later. I might as well get Jungkook to have dinner with us and talk.

"Let's have dinner at my place." I said. "What?" He snapped his head to look at me. "Are you serious, Y/N?" I smiled.

Jungkook gulped, tightening his grip on my hand. I smirked, someone is nervous.

"My mum wants to meet you." I examined his face for any kind of reaction I can find.

"Oh..." He trailed off. "C'mon, I've already seen your parents so now it's your turn." Why am I saying this so confidently?

Something is wrong with me.

"True," Jungkook cleared his throat "let's go then." he plastered on a smile.

A/N: sorry if this chapter is boring.