Chapter 6 - I love you

We all look at her wide-eyed.

(Chad) "Awesome!" – he smirks. – "I'll be by your house at nine on Friday."

He just walks away while we all look at her.

(Cole) "How the fuck could you say yes?" – he asks in a very dangerous, low voice.

She looks at him, clenching her jaw.

(Cole) "Chad?! Out of all people!"

(Chloe) "It was my decision."

(Cole) "Are you fucking kidding me?!" – he yells.

Every single student that is walking through the hall stops and looks at Cole with scare in their eyes.

(Chloe) "Are you jealous? Don't you have some other bitch to fuck?!" – she starts getting angry too.

He starts getting closer to her but I step in the middle.

(Cole) "Get out of my way, Hailey." – he growls.

(Chloe) "Hailey, it's alright." – she pushes me gently to the side.

She steps forward and crosses her arms.

(Chloe) "Come on, hit me."

He frowns but his angry expression doesn't go away.

(Chloe) "What? Lost your balls?"

(Cole) "You disappoint me."

He walks away, slamming his fist on a locker on his way. I sigh and Seb looks at me.

(Sebastian) "You're going after him?"

(Hailey) "Just because I don't want him to flip over a car on the parking lot."

He chuckles and I jog after Cole. I see him going for his car but before he can enter, I shut his door and he swings his fist at me but I manage to duck. His eyes widen when he sees that it's me.

(Cole) "Shit, Hailey, I'm so sorr-"

I slap him across the face.

Fuck, that even hurt me.

(Hailey) "Listen to me. She's seventeen years old. You're not her boyfriend and you have no right to boss her life."

(Cole) "But she's-"

(Hailey) "She's nothing to you!" – I yell.

His expression softens and he looks to the ground.

(Hailey) "You don't want her to be your girlfriend despite how much she wants that so you have no right to decide with who she goes out with."

(Cole) "But Chad, Hailey? I wouldn't be so angry if she went out with some other guy but not fucking Chad!"

(Hailey) "So angry?" – I ask a little amused.

He rolls his eyes and focuses back on the ground.

(Hailey) "Cole, if you like her, why won't you just say it? Get this drama over with."

(Cole) "I don't like her." – he mumbles.

(Hailey) "You're hopelessly in love with her." – I roll my eyes.

He glares at me for a few seconds and then scratches the back of his neck.

(Cole) "Why are you even here? Aren't girls supposed to be squealing together after one of you gets a date?" – he asks annoyed.

(Hailey) "Usually. We used to do it, remember?" – I wiggle my eyebrows, elbowing him suggestively.

He chuckles and I can see the anger vanishing.