Chapter 19 -Proposal

Hello! Been missing, I know. Don't shoot me.

I've been having a few ideas for another book (about werewolves, don't know if you guys are into that) and I'm not sure if the book should be like a bxg or bxgxb. It would mean a lot to me if you guys could give me your opinions.

This chapter won't end in a cliffhanger, so be at ease.

Enjoy. Vote, comment and share because I love you all!

(Karen) "Your face looks familiar..." – she says with a small smile.

(Noah) "Mom... We've talked about her."

Her eyes widen and I can see tears forming in them too.

(Karen) "Hailey?" – she whispers my name.

I nod a little and suddenly I'm engulfed in a bone crushing hug. But I hug her back.

(Karen) "Oh my God! You are so grown up!" – she sobs on my shoulder.

I can't help but to cry on her shoulder as well.

(Karen) "You're so beautiful!"

We finally pull apart after what feels like an eternity and she tries to wipe her non-stopping tears.

(Karen) "Look at you..."

I grin, wiping my own face.

(Karen) "Come inside."

She grabs my hand and takes me inside the house, leaving Noah behind to close the door. She guides me to the living room and makes me sit on the couch as she sits beside me.

(Karen) "How are you?"

(Hailey) "I'm good. How have you been?"

(Karen) "Good. Good..."

Then I frown.

(Hailey) "Mrs. Williams... Everyone kept saying that you and your husband died in a car crash after your family left town twelve years ago."

She sighs, rubbing the back of my hands.

(Karen) "It was for the best."

(Hailey) "So Mr. Williams is here too?" – I look around the living room.

But when my eyes lock on Noah's, he's holding a saddened expression.

(Karen) "Jaime really died twelve years ago."

(Hailey) "I'm sorry... I didn't-"

(Noah) "Why won't you two talk about happy things, uh?" – he sits on the armrest of the couch beside me.

(Karen) "You're right, sweetheart. I'm gonna make us some hot chocolate." – she stands from the couch excited but then stops and looks at me. – "You still like those, right?"

(Hailey) "I love them." – I smile.

She grins and I can swear she has a light skipping on her pace, making me chuckle. But then my eyebrows furrow and I swat Noah's chest, catching him off guard.

(Hailey) "I can't believe we had sex right before meeting your mom. You could've stopped me, Noah."

He snorts.

(Noah) "My mom wasn't exactly what I had in mind when you were bouncing on my dick in the car."

I roll my eyes.

(Hailey) "You never really told me what happened with your parents... Well, your dad."

He sighs, looking to his hands on his lap but I put mine on top of his, trying to take his attention.