Chapter 17 - Bad sight, good porn

I know i've been missing... Almost a month really, but my life has been chaotic with college. And I'm deeply sorry for that. I promise to go back to the two day update thing.

Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Two days later

"So tell me, Hailey. What's new?" – the ophthalmologist asks me.

(Hailey) "Uh... Well, last week I've been having these blurry moments, like when I'm studying or am watching TV for too long, my vision starts getting blurry after a while and it's hard to focus on something right away. I thought it was just tiredness but it hasn't stopped so I guess it may not be just that..."

The woman smiles at me and nods her head, writing down a few things on a piece of paper.

"We're gonna do a few tests to see what's going on, alright?"

Now it's my turn to nod as she starts getting everything ready.

After about fifteen minutes, she finally finishes and tells me to sit back on the chair in front of her desk. I do so and she writes something on the same piece of paper.

"Okay... So I can see there's a slight distortion in your sight. It's called myopia, more known as nearsightedness. You can't clearly focus on things that are distant from you right in the first moment but you can focus if you stare for a while longer. That means that the myopia is barely there, though it is still there. I recommend you to use glasses whenever you're studying or you watch TV so your sight doesn't get worse."

Fuck... I really have to wear glasses?

(Hailey) "I understand."

"Good. It's very important to not let this... problem, as we can call it, get worse. So I'm gonna prescript the right lenses and you're going to see the lady outside to choose your first pair of glasses." – she smiles.

Why the fuck is she smiling? It's not funny...

"Hailey..." – her smile falls. – "I know getting your first pair of something most people don't like. Using glasses can seem uncomfortable but I guarantee you it's not. And if you want to, we can talk about contact lenses in a near future but I'd like for you to get used to wearing glasses."

(Hailey) "It's fine. I'll get used to." – I force a smile.

She nods once, smiling a little and I stand from my chair with the prescription in my hands. She stands too and shakes my hand.

"Don't hesitate to come see me in case you are not adapting to your lenses. But give it a little time."

(Hailey) "Thank you."

I walk outside and I sit down in front of another desk, where there's one of the receptionists.

"So you're gonna start wearing glasses."

(Hailey) "Apparently..." – I put the prescription on the table.

She grabs the prescription and adds the info to my record. Then she turns to the showcases and opens the lock.

"Tell me. What are the ones you like the most?"

(Hailey) "I don't want anything too thick but I want to have a little frame.

She nods and pulls out several types of glasses, like eyebrow shape.

"These are Ray-Ban. But I have others you may like."

I grab one pair and I try it.

Okay, I don't look that bad. Not good, but not too bad.

"Those look good on you."