Chapter 21 - Abused

We both look at her with wide eyes.

(Chloe) "What did you just say?!" - she whispers.

She looks at us with a guilty expression.

(Chloe) "Yeah..." - she sits on the bed.

Chloe and I share a look.

(Hailey) "Did you kiss him or did he kiss you?"

(Nicole) "I kissed him."

Our eyes widen.

(Hailey) "Why?"

(Nicole) "I don't know... He came over to my house to help me with a group project... Owen got placed in another group... And the rest of our group just left when we were done and he stayed behind and we were talking and then..." - she stops.

(Chloe) "And then...?"

(Nicole) "Then he told me that he'd wish for someone like me... That he envied a little what Owen and I had... Not because he wanted a relationship like ours but because he had a thing for me. We were close to each other..."

(Hailey) "And you kissed him..."

She nods.

(Chloe) "What did he say?"

(Nicole) "Nothing... He just smiled..."

(Chloe) "That's cute... Considering..."

(Nicole) "Owen didn't think it was when he saw us."

(Hailey) "Oh shit..."

(Nicole) "Yeah..."

(Chloe) "That's why you've been fighting so much these last few days."

(Nicole) "I keep telling him it meant nothing... That I love him more than anything in the world... he was ready to kill Seb, but Seb managed to hold Owen back..."

(Hailey) "Did it mean anything?"

She takes a deep breath and focuses her gaze on the wall behind us.

(Nicole) "I don't know... I felt something... And then when he smiled I... It was weird but in a good way."

(Chloe) "What do you feel about Owen?"

(Nicole) "I love Owen..."

(Hailey) "But..."

(Nicole) "But... I don't think I love him like I used to..."

(Chloe) "Listen..." - she sits down beside her on the bed. - "You and Owen started dating when you were young. You were what, fifteen?" - Nic nods. - "Maybe... That crush is slowly disappearing. It's okay... No one said you had to stay with the first you found for the rest of your life..."

(Nicole) "But I'm second guessing everything for a guy that showed up a couple of weeks ago... What does that say about me?! What will people think about me?!"

(Hailey) "Nic, don't worry about what others may think. The important here is that you're happy with the person you have beside you. If Owen doesn't make you happy anymore, that it wasn't meant to be... You're still young. You still have a whole love life to live."

(Nicole) "I'm so confused..."

(Chloe) "Okay... Let's not overthink this. Let's push it behind our backs for the rest of the day and we'll worry about it tomorrow." - she smiles.

Nic flashes a small smile.

(Nicole) "Okay..."

Chloe goes to her computer and puts Netflix on her TV. We lay in her bed with our back against the headboard and with Nic in the middle, as we start digging in everything.