Chapter 10 - The third and lucky attempt

(Steph) "Hailey, can you-" – she bursts inside the bedroom.

I push Noah apart and he groans in anger. I look at my aunt and her eyes are widened.

(Steph) "I thought... I'm sorry." – she tries to hide her smirk.

(Hailey) "What do you want?" – I rub my forehead.

(Steph) "I can't put the TV working again..." – she says slowly, eyeing Noah.

I sigh and look at Noah.

(Noah) "Just go." – he says annoyed.

I bite my lip and walk out the door, towards the living room with Steph following me right behind.

(Steph) "So he is your boyfriend!" – she says excited.

(Hailey) "No, he's not."

I grab the remote and turn on the TV, but it's working perfectly fine.

Oh... I know what she did...

I glare at her and she giggles.

(Steph) "Ups?"

I roll my eyes and hear footsteps coming down the stairs and then disappearing to the backdoor. I give the remote to her and I walk outside, to see everyone sitting on the chairs. Noah is sitting on one of the chairs, with his head low and his hand on his forehead, his arm resting on the armrest of the chair. I take the bottles out of the bag and give one to each of them. When it's Seb's turn, I hold the bottle for him and he slowly raises his eyes to mine.

(Hailey) "I'm sorry. I should've never spoken to you the way I did."

His lips twitch a little, meaning his fighting back a smile.

(Sebastian) "You have your reasons, I understand. But I know what I'm talking about."

(Hailey) "I hope you're right."

He takes the bottle and finally smiles at me. I grab the last one for Noah and stand in front of him and he looks at me with a sigh.

(Noah) "Why does it keep happening to us?"

I chuckle and shrug, waving the bottle at him. He grabs it and takes a huge gulp from the liquid. I sit on a chair next to him and just look to the sky, sipping every now and then from my bottle.

(Owen) "Are we just going to count stars?"

(Chloe) "Sounds good to me."

(Cole) "We should go out sometime."

(Hailey) "We are out."

He glares at me and looks back to the sky.

(Cole) "I meant like we used to. Disappear one night and only come back on the next morning."

(Nic) "My parents aren't very fond of it."

(Owen) "Tell them you're having a sleepover. Like usual."

(Chloe) "Yeah but last time they actually called Hailey's mom to make sure she was here."

He nods but keeps quiet.

(Hailey) "Good thing we weren't lying that time."

Two hours have passed. Maybe I'm a little drunk.

Maybe...

(Hailey) "Come on." – I grab Noah's hand.

I stand from the chair and he looks at me confused.