Chapter 9 - Noah... the friend

Cole

(Last night)

I can't deal with this now!

I shake my head and walk away.

I'm not good enough for her. She deserves better than me. Besides, I'd never be able to have a relationship with her. That's not who I am. What would people think about me if out of nowhere, I started dating her?

I stop walking.

What would people think?! What the fuck am I, a pussy?! Fuck the others. I never cared for them anyway! She loves me. For some miracle, she chose me. She knows who I am and still she wants to be with me, so what am I doing here?!

I turn around and run after her, past them. I hear Seb cheering for me like I'm about to score the final point to the team and I can't help but to grin widely. I see Chloe walking down the street and I stop right in front of her, slipping a little on the ground. She looks at me confused but I can still see anger flashing through her brown eyes.

(Cole) "I'm sorry."

She tries to outline me but I block her way again.

(Chloe) "I don't have anything else to say to you."

(Cole) "Good, because now it's my turn."

I take a deep breath and she crosses her arms, annoyed.

Here goes nothing...

(Cole) "I'm sorry." – I start. – "I know I'm a dick. For treating you like shit and for not seeing the woman in front of me. But that's who I am. You can't change me. No one can. I'll be a dick forever and you don't deserve that but here you are. You want me. I don't know why and I don't think you do either but you want me. And I want you."

Her eyes widen a little.

(Cole) "Yeah... I've only realized... like... a few days ago. But I wanted to give Chad a chance. I wanted to see if he was better than me. If he would be, I'd let you be happy with him. Because I want you happy. I'd do anything to make you happy."

(Chloe) "Actually... Chad was a nice guy. Completely different from what we know..."

Great... I put my heart out for her and turns out that fucking Chad is better than me... That fucking assh-

(Chloe) "But I don't want Chad, Cole."

There is hope!

I smile.

(Chloe) "I don't want you either."

My smile falls.

What?!

(Cole) "But I thought..."

(Chloe) "See? I can be a bitch if I want to." – she smirks.

(Cole) "What?" – I ask confused.

(Chloe) "You're a dick and I can be a bitch."

I'm still confused...

(Chloe) "Lord!" – she groans. – "We're good together because we're both assholes!"

(Cole) "Oh... I get it now..." – I rub my chin.

She rolls her eyes.

(Chloe) "Dumbass..." – she mumbles.

(Cole) "Excuse me?" – I raise my eyebrow, playfully.

(Chloe) "Dumbass."

(Cole) "Couldn't hear you..."