Five ••• A Little Extra "Man"

Friday February, 24th
———————————————————
Grace's Pov
You know those moments where you see a homeless person out on the street? An actual homeless person not one of the panhandlers that act like they are. And you know that feeling you get when you see they're struggling but all you have is forty two cents and a fortune cookie? And you just wanna help but you can't because you spent all your pocket money on Chinese food.

That's not the best comparison but it's kind of what I feel like right now. Knowing Dylan's Dad is abusive as hell and I can't do anything about it.

I really wanna go to someone like the cops or even some random stranger and say: "hey there's a crazy abusive Dad and it's scary!"

But I can't. Stupid promises.

I slid out of bed this morning feeling this way like I did all night. After taking a quick-ish (not really) shower I got dressed in olive green skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and white converses.

While walking to my mirror to do my hair and make up I saw Dylan's jacket out of the corner of my eyes. It's just laying on my desk chair. It brought a slight smile to my face which quickly faded when I remembered that night. I quickly sat down the the floor in front of my mirror to do my make up and distract myself.

After doing my make up and combing out my hair I walked downstairs with my stuff. Caleb and my Mom are sitting on the couch.

"Morning sweet heart." Mom said. I waved at her. Caleb tilted his head at me.

"You okay sis? You look like you have something on your mind." I just shrugged.

"I'm fine. Where's Veronica so we can go?" I asked, trying to leave for school already.

"She went to school with Jesse." Mom said casually. If Mom knew what Jesse did to me she wouldn't have even let him in the house. But Veronica knows. And now she's hanging out with him?

Hold on, why is Jesse back anyway? He was supposed to be in the hospital the rest of the week.

"She did?" Caleb asked with anger flashing in his eyes.

"Yeah. I was wondering why he didn't wait for you two but I didn't ask." Mom said, completely oblivious.

"We gotta go to school. Come on Grace." Caleb said grabbing my wrist and rushing out of the house. All while my heart is racing in anxiousness.

"Caleb I don't want to go to school." I said starting to feel a little queasy.

"It's fine Grace. I'm going to make sure that dickwad doesn't go anywhere near you. Is it legal to paralyze someone?"

Hi protective Caleb. How are you? Please don't paralyze anyone. You're the only sibling I tolerate. Thanks.

"No it's not legal!" I snapped as he finally put the car in drive and started driving to school.

"Um...you're hanging out with Dylan Grayson now right?" Caleb asked. My face immediately went red.

"I wouldn't really call it hanging out. But we kinda talk every once in a while maybe."

"I think you should probably stick around him. I'm pretty sure he kills people so you'll be fine right?" Caleb illogically explained.

"Okay one, he doesn't kill people. I don't think. And two, how does it make sense to have me stick around someone that kills people? Wouldn't you think said killer would kill me?" I asked.

He started thinking for a second after putting the car in park at school.

"You make a valid point. Now I think you should stay away from him then." He said then got out of the car.