Nineteen ••• Eighth Grade

Grace's Pov
"I should probably text Caleb and Gabi that we left." I said. Dylan just hummed in agreement.

If that's even what you call it. Whenever you tell someone something and they're so uninterested that they just go, "hm."

"You seem peeved. What's wrong?" I asked. Dylan glanced at me and smirked.

"Nothing Princess. I just wasn't listening." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're lucky it wasn't anything important or else I would've been very upset. What if I said I had an arranged marriage to a prince in a different country and am moving to the castle next week? Would you just go 'hm' to that?" I rambled. He snickered.

"Then you'd be a Queen and I wouldn't be able to call you Princess anymore. Therefore I'd just be completely devastated." He said dramatically.

"Wow. That's all you'd care about in that situation?" I asked.

"Well. I'd also have to deal with Becca complaining about losing her only female friend among Gavin's friends. That'd be complete torture." He said. I laughed and slapped his arm.

"Yeah. I'd miss you too." I said sarcastically.

As he turned onto the ramp to get in the highway I grabbed his phone that's plugged to the aux cord.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I shrugged.

"As much as I love your classic rock, I'm picking the music this time." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"How do you even know my password?" He asked.

"Katie told me." I chirped while shuffling Beyoncé on YouTube. He sighed with a slight laugh.

"Really?" He judged.

"Oh please. Even if I actually did become the Queen of a country, Bey with always be top Queeeeen!" I said. He laughed at me as I turned the music up.

"Got me lookin so crazy right now, your loves got me lookin so crazy right now! Lookin so crazy, your loves got me lookin, got me lookin so crazy your love!"  I lip sync as I dance along in the passengers seat.

The song doesn't even finish when we pullover onto the shoulder on the highway behind a broken down car. Two red heads get out of the car. One a dude and one a girl. Both good looking. They get in the backseat and Dylan flipped the blinker on as they close their doors.

"Dylan Grayson blasting Beyoncé? That's not something I never thought I'd witness." The guy said. He has a thick accent.

"Whatever fucker. It wasn't even me." Dylan said as he merged into highway traffic.

"Are you gonna introduce us to your new...friend?" The girl asked.

Why'd you hesitate lady? Are you allergic to the word 'friend' or something? Well guess what miss...you're sketchy to me too. So suck on that.

"Princess, this is my friend Sebastian and his cousin Laura." Dylan said. I turned around and smiled at them.

"Hi. I'm Grace." I chirped nicely.

Sebastian smiled at me. He's really attractive. His red hair is different and really nice. His jaw line is to die for. His smile could melt freaking organs.

"It's nice to meet you Grace." He said. His smile doesn't even fade or falter.

Oh my gosh his accent! Lord help me!

"So...just out of curiosity, where are you from?" I asked.

Okay so I couldn't figure out a subtle way to ask. What's so wrong about wanting to get to know someone?