Thirty-One ••• Broken China

Wednesday April 24th
————————————————————————————————————————
Grace's Pov
I can't.

I can't get out of bed. I can't move my feet. I can't speak. I can blink! Barely. All I can really do is cry. I'm sure I've lost three pounds in water weight.

I didn't go to school yesterday. I don't even have my perfect attendance record anymore because of when I left school with Gabi to see Carter so what's the point of even going anymore?

Some people would say that some boy isn't worth getting this messed up over. BUT DYLAN ISNT SOME BOY AND I WANT HIM BACK!

But I also don't because he broke my heart and I'm mad at him.

But he made me feel so special and he would always pretend to hate cuddling with me even though we both know that he loves cuddling. I JUST WANT MY CUDDLE BUDDY BACK!

No! No I don't. He's a jerk.

But he's a cute jerk.

A jerk that's in jail and broke up with me while in jail.

I hope he ate his chocolate. Chocolate helps ease his stress.

I hope he chokes on that stupid chocolate. Jerk.

AHHHHH!

"Grace. Sis. You gotta get up." Caleb said walking into my room with Veronica. They both frowned.

"Aw. She's been crying again." Veronica sighed.

I have? I didn't notice. Maybe I've been doing it so much that isn't just second nature. Crying is officially my sixth sense. I don't think that's how it works but I'm going with it.

"You have to go to school today." Caleb said. I just shook my head.

"Caleb, your friend is outside. I'll talk to her. Just go." Veronica said. Caleb sighed and looked at me with a sad expression before hesitantly leaving. Veronica sat down next to me on the bed and started rubbing my head.

"Oh girl. We need to do something with your hair." She said.

Dylan loved when I played with his hair!

"Oh no! Don't start crying again. I'm sorry." Veronica begged.

"Look sis. You're going to school today whether you want to or not. I will damage my freshly manicured nails to drag you out of bed and take you to school myself. Listen. This is a great chance to show yourself. You could go to school looking fabulous and show everyone that you are a bad bitch that can handle herself without her jail bird boyfriend. And trust me, I know a guy or two on the football team that would love to take you out. There's no shame in a rebound." Veronica explained. I just stared at her.

"Or you could do in sweats looking miserable. But at least you'll be in school." She added. I stared at her a few seconds longer before slowly nodding.

"Okay. That's the spirit. We're leaving in ten so there's no time to shower. Even though you need it. So just put on a lot of deodorant and perfume and hope that works." She said slapping my but and leaving the room. I huffed out a breath.

>                                 >                              >

"Oh. You went with the sweats." Veronica said as I walked outside where she's waiting at the car.

"Whatever. Let's go." She said. I slumped over to the car and got into the passengers seat. On the way to school the radio plays lightly as Veronica rants about Jesse and how much she misses him and wants to get back together with him. Blah blah blah.