Sixteen ••• Pretty Blonde Hair

Grace's Pov
"Ohhhh! This is your...ohhh." I said awkwardly.

"Should I go? I feel like you guys want me to go." I said taking one step.

"Yes."
"No." They both said at the same time as Dylan pulled me back by my waist. I looked at Gavin and he shrugged.

"I'm here to take you home." Dylan's Dad said.

"If you think I'm going anywhere with you then you've gotta be dumber than I thought." Dylan said.

"Dylan we need to talk. So just come on." His Dad said.

"Last time I checked you quit being my Dad when I was five. I don't have to listen to you." Dylan said pushing past him as we walked out of the police station.

After we walked past Dylan's Dad he took his arm from around my waist. Immediately I wish it was still there.

"You don't know the full story!" Dylan's Dad yelled.

"Because that's exactly what it is Silas. A fucking story." Dylan replied, still walking.

So his Dads name is Silas. That's unique.

"I guess I'll just drive home. See ya!" Gavin yelled from behind us. Soon enough he drove by as he left the parking lot.

"Dylan. How are you gonna get home? You don't have a car right now." I said. Dylan stopped walking and sighed.

I followed him as he walked back to Silas. Silas smiled.

"Don't get your hopes up. I just need to get home." Dylan said taking Silas' keys out of his hand.

"Oh. So you won't talk to me but you'll drive my car?" Silas asked.

"Precisely." Dylan said getting into the yellow classic Mustang. I quietly got in the backseat and Silas in the passengers. Then Dylan started driving to his place.

It's silent half the way there. The radio isn't even playing.

"You wanna slow down a bit? You're twelve miles over the speed limit." Silas complained, holding onto the seatbelt like his life depends on it.

...actually just don't say anything about that. Never mind.

"So?" Dylan asked keeping one hand on the wheel. Using his other hand to drum his fingers on the center console.

"So. Don't you think it's pretty dangerous?" Silas asked. Dylan shook his head.

"Nope." He said. Then I decided to speak up.

"Dylan's actually a pretty safe driver." I said. It's not a whole lie, I just wanna show that I'm on Dylan's side for all this. Even though now that I think about it, this isn't any of my business.

"Shut up." Silas snapped at me.

Dylan slammed on the brakes really hard making the car jerk forward with a loud screech. Silas banged his head on the dashboard. Then Dylan started driving again.

"Don't tell her to shut up." Dylan scolded.

He pulled into the parking lot of his apartment building and all three of us got out of the car. Dylan's walking faster than usual, or just taking larger strides, but either way I kinda have to speed walk to keep up with him.

In the elevator it's just the three of us. Dylan on one side and Silas on the other. Im just in the middle all awkward and stuff. I sighed and looked at Dylan.

"Sooo...did you tell your Mom and Katie about your modeling thing?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah. Katie said they both sent in 'headshots' of me." He said using air quotes. "They were just pictures of me in the park or some shit." He explained.