Thirteen ••• Bailey

Grace's Pov
While we're walking down the street we casually bump each other's shoulder just a little.

"Why do you keep telling people at the bar that we're dating?" I asked. "Not complaining or anything, just curious."

"I'm just too nice of a person to say no." He said looking at me. A goofy smirk on his face.

"We both know that's a lie." I pointed out and he chuckled.

"You wanna know the real answer?" He asked. I nodded. Then he shrugged.

"I don't know." He said. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"You don't know?" I asked. He nodded.

"I don't really think before I say things. So it really just slips out." He said. I just shrugged, knowing for a fact that he says things without thinking.

We keep walking for a while but then I stop with a dramatic gasp.

"What?" He asked.

"Let's go into the animal shelter." I said.

Yes. I stopped us on our way to Dylan's house because I noticed we were passing the animal shelter. I love animals. Sue me.

"But my apartment is literally just ten more minutes away." He complained.

"Please?" I asked making big puppy eyes. He stared at me.

"It won't work." He said crossing his arms. I kept doing it. He sighed.

"Ugh! Fine! You know I really hate you." He muttered. I smiled.

"I know." I chirped and skipped inside.

I love the animal shelter. I love the cats. I love the dogs. I love the birds. I love the hamsters. The chickens. I think they still have the horse, Charlie, outside in the back.

"Why'd you wanna come in here anyway?" Dylan asked. I looked at him.

"I like playing with the cats and dogs." I said walking back towards the kennels. We got into the kennels and there's dogs everywhere. Barking and running in circles. All excited and stuff. It's a shame I can't adopt all of them.

After about five or so minutes I turned around to see what Dylan's doing because he's been awful quiet. This whole time he's been sitting cross cross in front of one kennel.

I find it strange because I come here all the time and it's the only dog that doesn't interact or get excited or anything. She usually just lays in the corner. But now she's playing around with Dylan.

"I think Bailey likes you." The lady, Sam, said to Dylan. He looked at both of us and shrugged.

"She's cool I guess." He said scratching under her ear.

"Bailey is kind of antisocial. She's blind in one eye so no one will adopt her. Unless..." Sam left off. I gasped.

"Dylan! You should adopt Bailey!" I exclaimed. Dylan looked at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"Come on. You can't deny the fact that you like her too. This is a match made in heaven. Plus who doesn't want a dog anyway?" I rambled.

"Really?" He deadpanned.

"Yes really." I said.

He looked at Bailey who is giving the most adorable face any dog could ever give. Like she knows what we're talking about and is trying to convince him. He stared her in the eyes for a long time. Then he looked back at me. I gave him the puppy eyes again. He started looking back and forth between me and Bailey.