Fifteen ••• Like A Shark

Thursday March 3rd
———————————————————————————————————————
Grace's Pov
I woke up to the sound of my alarm with a groan. I rolled over to turn it off. Only I failed to realize I was on the edge of the bed.

I landed on the floor with a loud thump and I groan again as I just lay here. My cat Hym came over and laid on my stomach. I'm one of this people that hate to move when my pet is sleeping on me because I don't like waking Hym up. But in this case I have to because I have school.

Although, it is Friday Eve which is cool I guess. But Thursday is that teaser day that everyone hates. Thursday is that day that's like "ha-ha bish. You wish it was Friday!" Then you have to suffer for twenty-four hours of it not being Friday.

I pick Hym up off of me and put him on the bed. Then I get up and take my clothes into the bathroom with me so I can shower and do hygienic stuff.

I get out of the shower and get dressed in dark skinny jeans and a white and black crop top. Then I go into my room and do my makeup. I have some extra time so I straighten my hair before slipping on my white high top converses, grabbing my things, and going downstairs.

"Morning Dad." I chirped walking into the kitchen. He smiled at me.

"Hey Babydoll." He said back. I grabbed an apple out of the fridge and took a bite out of it after jumping up to sit on the counter. I stared at my Dad who's at the kitchen table eating cereal and reading the newspaper.

"Why are you staring at me?" Dad asked.

"You're so old." I said. He looked at me with his jaw dropped and I started laughing.

"I mean, who reads the newspaper? There's this thing called the internet that has all of that. But on a screen." I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Well I just like to read the comics." He said. This time I rolled my eyes.

"Those are on the internet too. You could be saving a lot of trees by not reading the newspaper." I pointed out.

"Since when were you such a hippie?" He asked.

"Since when did you like comics?" I retorted.

"You're a smartass kid." He said. I smiled cheekily and hopped off the counter when I heard a knock (bang) on the door.

"Where do you think I get it from?" I asked.

"Whatever. Have a good day Babydoll." Dad said as I kissed him on the forehead.

"You too Dad." I said and walked out to meet up with Gabi.

Yeah. I told Dylan he didn't have to give me a ride today. Veronica got a ride with Jesse, again. And Caleb needed to go to school early for practice. So this is some one on one time with my bestie.

"Sup bitch." She chirped getting in the car.

"Nothing. Sup with you?" I asked getting in.

"Nothing here. You know, just going on a date with my childhood crush tomorrow. No big deal." She joked and I laughed.

"Trust me. It actually is no big deal. He's Caleb. You've known him all your life because you've known me all your life. Your date will be totally killer." I said. He cocked her eyebrow.

"Killer? What is this? The nineties?" She asked.

"Don't hate because I'm in a good mood." I scoffed.

"Why are you in such a good mood anyway?" Gabi asked. I shrugged.

"I have no idea. You ever have those days where you wake up hating the world because you wanna go back to sleep then you take a shower and all of a sudden you're all happy and stuff? Yeah it's one of those days." I rambled. Gabi snickered.