Thirty Two••• Sugar Wasted

Dylan's Pov
"WHY DID YOU DO IT KID!?!" The investigator across the table yelled at me while slamming his fists on the cold, metal table. I have my hands crossed in the handcuffs and I'm leaned back in this chair I've been sitting in for the past three hours.

I have yet to say one word to this man. I've already explained that I didn't kill Wesley. It's not my fault they don't believe me or trust my alibi. Grace.

I wonder how she's doing. It's been days since I broke up with her. The last time I saw her. Spoke to her. I miss her with every bone in my body. I want to hold her in my arms. I want to kiss her until I can't breathe. But I can't. Aside from being falsely accused of murder, when I get out I'm sure she won't want to see me anyway. At times I think I did the wrong thing and I screwed everything up with her. But I only did it for her. I want to keep her as far away from this as possible.

"ANSWER ME!" The investigator yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and he glared at me.

"What are you thinking about? Huh? Are you hungry? Do you have to pee? Or are you thinking about how you KILLED YOUR STEP FATHER!?"

This man needs a serious chill pill.

"Some food would be nice." I finally said. His face went bright red from anger and the next thing I know, he's picked up the chair across from me and threw it at the wall.

"TELL ME WHY YOU KILLED WESLEY!" He shouted. The door to the interrogation room opened and in walked Ryan and some other guy.

"I'd like you to please stop harassing my client." The guy said. I looked at Ryan and he discretely gave me a thumbs up.

"I'm George Douglas. I'm representing Dylan Grayson." The guy said. The investigator glared at me one more time and I smiled at him, only making him angrier as he left. Ryan and George sat down across from me.

"Did you talk to Grace? How is she?" I asked. Ryan chuckled.

"She's a little bit of a mess in all due respect to her. But I think she will be fine once we get you out of here." Ryan said. Then he looked at George.

"Do whatever you need to get him out of here." Ryan said. George nodded.

"I'll be right outside that door." Ryan assured, patting my shoulder then walking out. George pulled out a couple of files, a laptop, and a pen out of his briefcase. As well as a burger from Burger King.

"I brought you some food. Let's get started."

>                                 >                              >

Grace's Pov
I walked up the driveway to my house with a confused expression on my face. Both of my parents cars are still in the driveway. Meaning both of them are still home. They should be at work.

I walked through the front door into the living room and stop in my tracks. My parents are sitting on both ends of the couch and there's a lady holding an iPad and wearing a pencil skirt that is sitting in my Dad's special recliner.

"Grace! Why are you home?!" Dad exclaimed. Both Mom and Dad look as if they're terrified of their own daughters presence.

"I couldn't really do...school today. So I walked home. Why are you home?" I retorted. They both froze, not knowing what to say. Then the lady spoke up.

"Hello. You must be Grace, their daughter. I'm Jennifer. I'm a marriage counselor." She said. My shoulders fell and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a second.