Ten ••• Supportive Sandwich

Grace's Pov
We got to Dylan's apartment building and walked through the lobby to the elevator. On the way up I looked at Dylan. He seems worried. I mean I would be too if my only sister texted something like that. But it's just odd. I've seen him angry and whatnot. But not worried.

The elevator stopped on the floor Dylan's apartment is on and we started down the hallway. When we got to Dylan's door his neighbor came out.

"Howdy neighbor." The man chirped happily. Dylan rolled his eyes.

"Hi Freddie." He said monotonously while sifting through his keys.

Freddie looked at me with a wide smile.

"I don't think I've see you before. Are you one of Dylan's latest conquests? Oh my this charming fellow blows through them pretty quick. He has a new one here almost every other day." Freddie ranted. I stood there looking at him confused.

"She isn't here to fuck Freddie and I'd like it if you minded your own god damn business." Dylan snapped finally unlocking the door.

"I-It was nice meeting you." I stuttered awkwardly and walked inside with Dylan.

"Katie!" Dylan called throwing his keys on the counter and running upstairs into his room aka the only room in this apartment. I followed.

Katie is laying in Dylan's ginormous California kind bed face down crying. I looked at Dylan and he looked even more worried and like he doesn't really know what to do.

He sat down next to her.

"Monkey. What's up?" He asked.

Awww!! Monkey? That's so cute. I love cute sibling relationships. She sat up and looked at him, wiping off her tears.

"Do you remember that guy I was talking to that you threatened?" She asked. He nodded.

"His name is Aiden. And we were actually dating, please don't yell at me." She continued. I noticed Dylan's fists clench.

"We were hanging out today at the mall and another girl came up to him that apparently he was also dating. In a span of two minutes she dumped some random lady's water on me and Aiden dumped me and left with her. I had to take an Uber here." She explained. The tears coming down all over again.

Oh that's just awful. Poor Katie she doesn't deserve that.

"Where does he live?" Is all Dylan asked. Katie glared at him.

"Dylan you can't just punch your way out of everything. I needed you because you're my brother and best friend. Not because you're some bodyguard." She said.

"Plus you're eighteen so you'd get arrested for assault to a minor." I piped in. Katie nodded in agreement.

"Well I don't know what to say Katie. I'm not really the emotionally supportive type. Want a sandwich?"

Wow. This is the most awkward I've seen him.

"Go make a sandwich. I'll talk to her." I said putting my hand on Dylan's shoulder. He nodded and went downstairs. I sat down next to Katie.

"I'm sure you've heard this from your Mom tons of times. But Katie, you are a smart and beautiful girl. Aiden is just some douche that's probably gonna end up being a male prostitute in the next five to six years. You can do way better than him. In a sense, this is a learning experience. Now you know that cute charmer isn't really your type." I explained. She nodded.

"I guess you're right. But Aiden was my first boyfriend. You don't understand how hard it is to hide things from Dylan. But I did. I went through the trouble and I lied to my brother for Aiden. That was all for nothing."

"All you have to do is apologize to Dylan. And as for Aiden, he probably has like eighty STD's anyway." I said and she snickered.

"Thanks Grace." She said wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back with a smile.

"Anytime. Now let's go down and check on your brother." I said. We both got up and went downstairs to find Dylan spinning in the spinning bar stool and eating a sandwich.

I swear the more I am around him he more I see how childish he really is.

"I made you a sandwich. But I got nervous and ate half." Dylan said handing Katie a plate with half a sandwich in it. She shrugged and started eating it.

"I should probably get you home before your family starts hating me even more." Dylan said. I shrugged.

"Not everyone hates you. Veronica adores you." I pointed out. He grimaced.

"Are you coming?" He asked Katie. She nodded finishing up her sandwich. Dylan pointed at the keys next to her and she threw them to him.

We got to my house and I got out of the truck. Katie kinda brutally forced Dylan out.

"Walking me to my door like a gentleman?" I asked teasingly. He shrugged.

"I mean if you really want me to." He said and I laughed as we slowly walked to my front door. I looked up at Dylan but he's looking ahead, seemingly distracted.

"You okay?" I asked. He snapped his head to me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He responded. I shrugged stopping in front of the door.

"I don't know. I'll drop it." I said and he nodded.

"See you at school tomorrow?" I asked since everyone knows Dylan Grayson skips school all the time. He nodded.

"Yeah. I'll see you." He said. I smiled and nodded. He stood an extra few seconds before turning and starting to walk away.

"Dylan!" I called biting my lip.

I don't know why I called him. He's just fun to hang around. Don't really want him to leave. Not in a creepy way or anything. Just...wanna hang out more.

"Yeah?" He asked innocently.

You aren't convincing anyone Dylan. You are true complete opposite of innocent.

I didn't say anything to him. I just kinda walked closer to him and lifted my arms, wrapping them around his neck. Of course I have to stand on my tippy toes. It took him a second but he wrapped his muscular arms around me and pulled me close.

It seems like the hug lasts forever. Neither of us wanting to let go. Unless he wants to let go and I'm holding on too tight. Maybe I should let go.

I slowly took my arms down and cleared my throat. Looking up into his eyes.

"Goodnight Princess." He said. I smiled at him.

"Goodnight Dylan." I said back and he walked back to his truck. Even through the tinted windows I could see Katie freaking out making me laugh to myself.

————————————————————————————————————————

¡Authors Note Dudes!
HOWDY DIDDLY! Short chapter. Just didn't wanna put this in the last chapter and didn't wanna start the next chapter here cuz it would screw everything up so enjoy.

So part of me feels like this is moving too fast but part of me feels like this low key flirting and cute moment type stuff is working. Lmk what ya think.

Pic* Grace Braxton (Olivia Holt)
Vid* Dylan Grayson (Diego Barrueco😍)

Peace✌️ Out👽