TwentyEight ••• Son Of A Glitch

Grace's Pov
Here's the deal-io. Dylan dropped me off at home about an hour and a half ago. Our date is in an hour and twelve minutes. In this last hour and a half I have been going through loads of clothes trying to figure out what to wear for this date. Now my room looks like a tornado blew through it.

"Ughh!" I groaned flopping backwards onto my bed.

"Okay that is the seventh time you have groaned dramatically since you've been home and what the hell happened to your room?" Veronica said coming in. I sat up and looked at her.

"I'm going on a date with Dylan tonight and I don't know what to wear." I frowned.

"Oh you lucky bitch. I don't know how you even got Dylan to notice you anyway but damn. Good work." Veronica said.

Is that a compliment?

"V. You're the fashion expert in this house. Help me." I slightly begged. She rolled her eyes.

"Whether we get along all the time or not you're still my baby sister. So let's go through this mess of online and thrift store clothes." She said coming completely into my room.

I only shopped at the thrift store once. Or maybe twice. But I made sure to wash the clothes I got like four times before wearing them.

> > >

"Veronica. I never thought I'd say this. But you are a genius." I said while looking in the mirror. She smiled from behind me.

"I have my moments." She said and we both laughed.

She picked out a simple outfit that's cute and can go on either a fancy or casual date. It's black high waisted shorts, a white cropped tank top, and a white and blue vertical striped button up that's left open. She let me pick the shoes and of course I'd pick white converses.

The best shoe brand imaginable.

She straightened my hair just a little so it's a little less wavy than my natural hair. And she let me do my own makeup.

"I am a miracle worker." Veronica said. I bit my lip and turned around to look at her.

"Are you sure it's not too casual?" I asked.

"The thing about surprise dates is you never know what you're doing so you never know what to wear. To solve that problem you wear an outfit that that's on the borderline of both casual and formal." She said.

Hm. If only she focused this much at school.

Someone knocked on the door and my heart rate sped up.

"He's here! Jesus Christ's uncle! Dylan is here!" I panicked. Veronica put her hand on my shoulder.

"Calm yourself. Get your things. And go answer the door." She said. I nodded.

"Okay." I squeaked and grabbed my phone and house keys. Before I ran out of the room I heard Veronica say, "they grow up so fast."

I ran downstairs to answer the door only to find that Caleb and Gabi beat me to it.

Freaking Gabi was here the whole time! My best friend didn't wanna come help me with my crisis!? What the hell Gabi!?