Chapter 8: Darkness Of Rain

"Guess who's home?" You cheekily announced once closing the door behind you, preventing the cold winds from getting into the house

"Nice to see you sweetheart, Taeyeon with you?" You hear your mum greet before her head popped out of the kitchen doorway. 

"I think he went up to his room to change?" You waved whilst running up to your mum and giving her a warm hug. It seemed like forever since you had last seen them. To be honest, you didn't hate your siblings, in fact, you loved them but they can be unbearable at times- that was an understatement. 

"Dinner will be done in an hour or so, why don't you bring your bags up to your old room?" Your mother spoke, reminding your of your abandoned bag at the back of your brother's car.

"Ohh, I forgot my bag at the back of Taeyeon's car." You gasped once realising your stupid mistake. "I'll go back and get it." You laughed with embarrassment. You then remembered Taeyeon having the keys to the car so you had to walk yourself upstairs to grab the keys from him and on the way bumping into another sibling. 

"Seungyeon." You greeted, holding onto your younger sister so she wouldn't escape your grasp.

"Hey (y/n), come back with Taeyeon?" She curiously looked downstairs, in search of her older brother but found nothing.

"Yeah, he went upstairs. Didn't you see him?" You frowned with confusion. You mean the house was pretty big considering it housed the eight of you but it wasn't big enough for Seungyeon to miss Taeyeon coming upstairs.

"No, weird." She also frowned as the both of your cooked your head towards Taeyeon's room's direction. 

"Suspicious." The both of you said in unison, both sisters being the cheeky one's sisters of the Kang family. They both placed their ear on their brother's door and listened carefully. Hearing the sound of laughter and talking. 

"Since when did Taeyeon laugh." You bluntly let out after standing up properly. 

"Umm, I don't know." Seongyeon shrugged, equally as confused as you. Both mutually deciding to barge in, you both kicked open the door, giving their poor brother a fright. 

"What the f~."

"Ah, no swearing." You quickly interrupted.

"What are the two of your doing in here?" He changed the subject, quickly hiding his phone under the covers of the bed.

"Who you talking to? Making you laugh so much." Seongyeon scoffed, her hands crossed over in front of her chest before raising an eyebrow.

"Why do you need to know?" He spat back.

"Has my baby brother finally got a crush." You teased before jumping onto his bed and pinching his cheeks. "I am so proud of you." 

"AIIYAAA GET OFF!" He angrily swatted your hands away. "What do you two want?" 

"Well I need the keys to your car, I left my bag in the back." You explained plainly, holding out your hand so he could hand you the keys.

"And you?" Taeyeon asked, his gaze turning to his younger sister.

"Nothing." She shrugged before exiting the room. He groaned with annoyance before slapping the keys into your hand. 

Rude

Thinking he didn't deserve a 'thank you', you walked off and proceed back to the car.  You braced yourself for running in the rain, not bothered to grab an umbrella as you figured this would only take a few seconds. You stood at the end of the front porch and opened the car, then sprinted over, grabbing your bag and retreating back to the front porch. You were about to head back in and lock the car when you hear someone scream. 

Your natural instincts of curiosity kicking in once again you didn't care about the rain and walked over and crouched behind the hedge which hides your figure from what was happening. Your gut telling you that it was a bad idea. Peering out from behind your gaze feel onto a pair standing in the rain in the middle of the road. One on the floor and the other towering over him, that one looked scary. The towering figure smirking deviously before kicking the other in the gut causing them to skid across the concrete road. 

Not hearing what was being said it forced you to rely on what your eyes. The taller figure's shadow overcast the one on the floor, black mist casting over his arm.

He was a contaminated

You watched in fright as the concrete from beneath the male began to rumble. Your guess was that it was dark figures doing. Not wanting to see more you instantly shot up from your crouched position and ran back side the house. Knowing better than to get involved in something like that. You knew it was bad you didn't tell anyone, like inform the police but no way where you getting involved in that.

Boyeon, the youngest out of your two brothers made his way to the front of the house to find you leaning against the door, wet and for some reason out of breath.

"Sis, are you okay?" He cautiously inquired, walking closer to see your soaked state. "Why'd you go outside?"

"Boyeon, don't go outside. Two contaminated are having a fight." You warned after regaining somewhat of your self back. The other half was left outside after witnessing the scene. Completely regretting your big mouth, you should not have said that.

"WHAT? DID YOU CALL TH~."

"Don't get involved Boyeon." You warned again, blocking the door so that he could not exit. 

"Someone could get hurt." He retorted, gesturing for you to move out of the way.

"They are both are 'gifted' they will be fine. Keep a secret and don't tell mum and dad, I don't want them to stress as today is meant to be a happy family gathering." You hushed your brother and he reluctantly nodded his head. 

Yes, the right thing to do was to call the police but if they found out you were the one who dobbed on them, you and your family would be toast. The best thing to do is to stay quiet.

"Fine." He murmured.

"Dinner's ready."  Wanting to get changed out of your wet clothes before dinner you told Boyeon to go ahead. Dragging your bag inside your room, shiver at the dusty cold aura that came with the now abandoned room. 

Turning on the lights you placed your bag on the bed and quickly replaced your dripping wet sweater with a warm jumper and jeans and a pair of joggers. It was then the nostalgia hit you. After changing out of your wet clothes you were no longer cold and looked around your room as memories of your childhood flooded back into your mind. 

Happy, sad, frustrating. All good ones you could never forget. Your family left your room untouched since you moved out a year ago. You had not come back to stay since and if you did come back for dinner you never came back into your room as everything you needed was already at your new apartment.

"(Y/N), DINNER!" Your mother shouted, snapping you're out of nostalgia.

"COMING!" 

It's holidays next week

It's holidays next week. Expect some special surprises 😏