Chapter 57: Coward

Taehyung has and always will be the tech guy

Taehyung has and always will be the tech guy. Growing up as an orphan, he joined a rebel group at a very young age. Being in a gang, he quickly learnt everyone member had their part to play. From there, he learnt how to manipulate people through his gift. Taehyung was mostly used for infiltration missions but that all changed when some contaminated joined with strength based gifts. Being pushed aside as weaker class Taehyung has to find a new way to play his part in the gang.

Once he joined Bangtan, Namjoon had heard of Taehyung's immense talent in hacking and sourcing information so he quickly found his role as the tech guy once again in Bangtan. Taehyung would usually be either behind the scenes with Jimin or on the field when the team needed technical support from the front lines.

This being one of the many instances Taehyung always felt useless. His gift wasn't strength based nor could he think up of ingenious plans like Namjoon or neutralise gifts like Yoongi. He would usually let the three take the lead when it came to fighting as it was extremely rare for him to be the one caught up in the fight. He would always be busy with infiltrating the security systems when fights broke out.

His guilt would usually quickly subside as he watched Jungkook take out multiple enemies with ease...but not this time.

So with the intention of helping Jungkook, he took a step forward, only to be stopped by Jin. "TAE WATCH OUT 3 O'CLOCK!" Eyes darting to his right side, Taehyung hastily held up his arm and blocked a punch headed his way. But he soon retracted it with a wince once the fist came on contact with his skin.

Pulling his hand back, Taehyung jumped out of Namjoon's grasp and eyed his assaulter's arm. His arms shone a bright orange which Taehyung found difficult to keep his eyes on. The sole source of the burning on his skin was the flames that engulfed the male hand.

Swinging his arm around with the intention of inflicting a punch on his assaulter Taehyung was forced backwards harshly by a kick. To prevent himself from a painful encounter with the wall behind him, Taehyung pivoted his foot around and planted his hand on the smooth floor. His foot left behind a quiet squeaking sound.

"So Jungkook's friend isn't the only one hiding behind the wall."

.

"Yoongi." With only a one-word reply from Jin, Yoongi had already sprung into action. He didn't need any further explanation to know what Jin had meant. Yoongi's job was simple, all he needed to do was touch him. It was just a matter of finding the right time to do so.

Watching the movement of the male carefully, Yoongi's eyes landed on the fingers which encircled his friend's neck. "Now my orders are to keep the silver-haired one alive and kill the rest, I don't think it will be too hard." Another cocky smirk slowly made his way into his lips as his grip on Jungkook's neck tightened. Out of instinct, Jungkook's hand quickly latched onto the arm propping him up against the wall. He restrained himself from desperately clawing into the male's hand but instead curled his fingers around his wrist tightly.

Small glitter like flakes began to blur his visions as the ear piercing siren continued to whaled loudly throughout the facility. He barely hears Yoongi silent steps up to the two of them as he was struggling to catch his breath. But besides that, he was determined to keep the male's attention on himself. "Suck up much." He chocked out.

"Little boy I would be careful as to what comes out of your mouth when I can snap your neck in a second~"

"So it is me you need." Stepping towards the two with a spring in his step, Yoongi lazily put his hand into his jean pocket. "And as always." Moving his gaze between the female and male, Yoongi scoffed. "You always get others to do the heavy work...coward." And with that, he winded his hand back and drew his fist forward.

The male was warned about the danger of Yoongi's gift so he flinched backwards to protect himself but as a result of this, his grip on Jungkook's neck loosened. As soon as the male's grip loosened on Jungkook's neck his grip on the male's wrist tightened. Taking a few seconds to recompose himself, the glittery flakes slowly disappeared as air was allowed back into his lungs. His dazed state was no more, he was now more alert than ever and angry. "You want to take my family?" The eyes of the younger began to glow a striking silver while he roughly grabbed into the male's wrist.

"You'll have to get past me first." Growling, Jungkook harshly pushed the male hand off his neck and twisted it back. The pain from Jungkook's move caused the male to stumble back, but he didn't have time to counter his attack as Yoongi's fist came into contact with his face.

Now that Jungkook could finally feel the tiled floor beneath his feet. He strutted forward and grasped onto the other male's collar before slamming him roughly against the wall. Their positions now switched, Jungkook was now in control and the other under his every command.

A low cough escaped the male's lips as his eyes opened upon contact with the wall. In a desperate attempt to escape Jungkook's grasp he headbutted Jungkook in the head. The attack did little to no damage which caused the males eyed to widen in realisation. Adverting his gave to his skin, it was no longer a shiny metallic texture as it had returned back to his normal tone.

A smirk of amusement dawned Yoongi's lips as he had left the cocky male defenceless. "Now what was it about killing everyone except for me?" The male no longer bared a cocky aura as it was replaced with fear. He no longer had control of the situation as Yoongi has neutralised his gift.

A teaching Yoongi remembered from his time in the facility. Before joining Bangtan, he and Hoseok where defenceless without their gifts. Although Yoongi had been the only contaminated recorded with his gift, there could be a chance he would run into someone with the same or similar gift. If that was the case, he would no longer have the upper hand. During their time in the facility they where taught how to control the situation with the power of their gift. If there was an instance where they were left giftless they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Much like the male in front of them.

He somewhat pitied him, Bangtan's intention was never to kill anyone else like them because they suffered equally as much as they did. They were just missed guided and taken advantage of. Yoongi knew Jungkook needed to knock him out and there was no avoiding it as they couldn't risk being outnumbered by contaminated.

Hearing no response to the latter Yoongi decided to speak up. "What's the matter?" Yoongi questioned. "Cat got your tongue?"

"Pity." Jungkook sighed before he felt Yoongi rest his arm on his shoulder. "I was really looking forward to a challenge."

To make up for being late last week I decided to drop this chapter a little earlier 😁

Anyways the real question is.....How you all surviving after the comeback?

I will see you all soon, only three chapters to go!! T^T