Chapter 7: Family

"Yes, mum

"Yes, mum. Milk, eggs, chillies. Anything else?" You spoke into the phone as the wind blew roughly, preventing you from hearing your mother on the other line.

"That's all sweetheart, thank you so much and I will see you soon." She replied before hanging up, of course after you bid farewell.

Frowning slightly, your bottom lip stuck out in annoyance. Wanting to yell at the wind for being too loud. Mentally repairing yourself to see your siblings again. Your mother and father had invited you over for dinner tonight and a nights stay. Since you had been 'busy' in the past year adjusting to who place when you were actually getting used to holding a pen instead of holding a camera. Of course, you did visit them but never stayed for a night. It was usually just a brief drop in.

Throwing your overnight bag over your shoulder you made your way out of the apartment. Making sure everything was locked and valuables had been put away. Considering you had a hitlist SD card inside your apartment you were not taking any chances (that was your theory anyway).

For the first time in what seemed like forever, you didn't have to go into the office on the weekends so you took the chance and reached out to your parents.

Upon finishing your inspection you locked the door and walked past the devil neighbour's apartment door. You eyed it and then stuck out your tongue in a childish manner. You smiled to yourself contently as you would not be hearing or seeing the likes of him any time soon (two days to be exact), emphasis on hearing. But remembering the house you were going back to, housing louder younger siblings, times five.

Swinging your keys around on your index finger you took a quick stroll to the shops to pick up the things your mother requested for over the phone. You hummed happily to the slow-paced song being played on the radio whilst you picked out the best-looking batch of chillies, carton of milk and lastly dozen of eggs. Paying and heading out in a blink of an eye. That's just how you simply got things done, fast and efficient. No dilly-dallying.

You were headed out to the suburban area of Seoul. Where you're younger brother agreed to pick you up. You leaned against a wall at the destination. You then proceeded to place down your overnight bag and checked the time on your watch, two minutes left. Taeyeon was never late.

You took this time to listen to the birds chirping, some arriving early just before spring was going to begin. It was nearing the end of winter and the leftover snow on the trees was beginning to melt away by the little peaks of the sun through the grey clouds. It was still cold however so you always made sure to bundle up.

Two minutes had passed by faster than you thought. During that time, the weather seemed to have taken a turn as the grey clouds completely swallowed the sky, not leaving any hole for the sun to peek through. Of course, the rain follows but luckily you were standing under the shelter provided by the store wall you were leaning on. Checking your watch to find you're so-called 'on time brother' was late. Maybe he got caught up in the rain, you looked around the area. You shouldn't rush him as he should be careful whilst driving in the rain but you still looked up in hopes of spotting the familiar black car model but nothing.

That's odd.

Pulling out your phone, thinking it was a good idea to perhaps call him but you didn't need to.

"Relax I'm here." You hear the familiar voice shout from the road. You looked up from your device and chuckled slightly.

"The famous 'on time Taeyeon' is late to pick up your beloved older sister?" You teased before opening the door and taking a seat in the passenger chair after chucking your bag in the back seat.

"Geez sis, I missed you too," Taeyeon replied before rolling his eyes in a playful manner.

"Hehe, I missed you too little bro." You pinched his cheek whilst be began to drive. "How's work been going for you?" You inquired, trying to maintain a civil conversation with your satan of a brother. He seems to have changed since the last time you had seen him, (which was two months ago ). He changed his normally black hair to a slightly more flattering colour of ash brown, he also decided to show a bit of forehead which opposed his coconut hairstyle previously. You grabbed his arm as the car stopped at the red traffic light and gave it a tight squeeze. "Someone's been working out." You grinned, his biceps seemed to have doubled in size as well.

"Yeah, I've been the hitting the gym more frequently nowadays." He replied with a little bit of annoyance laced in his voice, the male wasn't used to his older sister checking him out. "Stop staring." He scolded.

"I can't help it. I didn't know my baby brother could get so handsome in the small time frame of two months." You pretended to flaunt. Cupping your face with your hands to emphasise your shock. "And correction, you now HIT THE gym. Don't talk like you used to go to the gym." You loved to pop his bubble. One of the perks of being older.

"Can you let me have my moment?"

"Nope, can't do that sorry. It's in my job description as an older sister." You retorted smartly causing him to sigh deeply.

"I hate and love you sometimes."

"AWWW, I love you too." You leaned over to ruff his hair, knowing very well he despised it when someone messed up his perfectly gelled hair.

"What are you on? What did you do to my older sister (y/n) Kang?" He stopped the car in front of our old family house and turned in your direction in a disgusted manner. "I liked the unaffectionate (y/n) better." He stuck his tongue out before exiting the car and running into the front porch.

Rolling your eyes you opened the door and screamed after him. The both of you maybe be in your mid-twenties but you two still acted the same age as your youngest sister.

 The both of you maybe be in your mid-twenties but you two still acted the same age as your youngest sister

A little peek at whats to come with the Kang family.