Chapter 44: Small Gestures

You really had nothing to do and you lost count as to how many hours you had been sitting on the couch and watching the television

You really had nothing to do and you lost count as to how many hours you had been sitting on the couch and watching the television. You had been watching the news and catching up on any missed events for the past few hours. Maybe your parent's habits were rubbing off on you.

There wasn't much, all they were covering was basically the missing general who you knew had been dealt with by Bangtan.

You had wandered around the house and offered help to most of the member which were floating around the place. Jin was in the kitchen. Jungkook in the garage, training. Namjoon and Yoongi where MIA which you presumed to be sleeping since both their room doors were closed. That left Jimin and Taehyung who were tapping away on their laptops right next to you. It was a boring day as the group where all just waiting on Jimin and Taehyung to finish off last preparations for tomorrow.

The sound of the news reporter nearly swayed you to sleep, until your name was flashed in red across the screen. Jolting up from your laid-back position on the couch your eyes widened, immediately paying attention to the screen in front of you.

"It has been two weeks since Kang (Y/n) has gone missing, we are here with her family today who would like to send a message to (y/n) if she is watching." The screen then cut to black before revealing the reporter with your parents and Taeyeon. Quickly, you reached over to the remote and turned the volume up whilst moving closer to the screen.

You hadn't seen your families faced in ages and you missed them so much. You had kept them in your thoughts throughout the journey you have been on but seeing them really took a toll on you.

"(Y/n), darling, if you are watching. Please come back to us." Seeing your mother shed tears only made you miss them even more. You are not much of a crier but soon, tears begin to well up in your eyes. You wanted to be there, to able to hug her, comfort her and let her know that you are okay. "I know you are a strong girl and I have no doubt you are still out there somewhere."

'Mum I'm right here.' You wanted to say, you wanted to run your hands down her back and tell her you are in good hands. That she didn't do anything wrong and you wanted to get back to them but you couldn't.

"We love you."

'I love you too.' Sniffling, you let a tear slide down your cheek. You starred lifelessly at the screen before a light tap on the shoulder knocked you back to your senses.

"(Y/n)."

You immediately whipping the lone tear making its way down your cheek, you turned to face the male who has tapped you on the back. "Hmm?" You hummed in reply, scared of speaking as it might come out shaky.

"Namjoon called for you." With a soft smile, Jimin was crouched down next to you. The blonde had wrapped his arm around your shoulder in a comforting manner before offering you a tissue. "Here." Nodding you reached out and grabbed the tissue before whipping your dampened eyes, thanking him in the process.