Chapter 20: Hatred

Hoseok grunted in pain as he felt the thick handcuffs envelop his wrist behind his back before his mouth was also clothed tightly which prevented him from talking

"Sorry. Too tight?" The male behind him asked innocently as if he was oblivious to how tight he actually tied the double knot.

Hoseok could only roll his eyes in response as the other chuckled to himself before pushing him roughly out of the room he was first taken too. The orange haired male followed reluctantly as they both walked down the whitewashed corridor, not providing Hoseok much to look at other than the male beside him.

"Oh don't you try anything with your eyes. These cuffs block any mutated DNA that allows you to perform your 'gifts'." The male snarled, it was then Hoseok noticed the glowing yellow strips on the metal cases which incases his hands. 

"You know what?" He began, breaking the silence between the two Hoseok hopped would continue. Either way, he ignored the male because one, he couldn't reply and two, because he knew he would say what he intended to say no matter what he did or said. "I despise your kind."

Doesn't everyone?

"Look at all the tax money being wasted on you all when it could be used for other more useful things. Look at the time I waste taking care of people who should be killed by the virus and should have never existed." Hoseok glared sideways at the male with a scroll, a growl seeping through his teeth with annoyance. Something he didn't know he could do. The normally bright and joyful male was now reduced to a tired and angry one. He didn't know he could act this way but he knew all too well it had something to do with the lack of food and sleep. But also the fact that the male beside him was speaking absolute crap. Or since sleeping in a chair with rope tightly wrapped around you a couple of times was not exactly comfortable or ideal. "I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings?" Hoseok stayed silent as he directed him to turn left, arriving in front of a set of stairs.

Surviving the virus was once called a blessing to many. Most parents celebrated the fact that their newborn child had survived one of the biggest mysteries of science yet whilst shutting out the dwelling concept of their child holding a magical ability. To have him say what he said so light disgusted him. The non-contaminated were as bad as them or worse. No matter if you are a contaminated or not, you treat everyone as if they were human. Hoseok wasn't feeling very 'human' in the presence of the ones who claimed to be more 'pure' when his 'kind'.

Their walk was long enough for the scenery to change. Even though they walked a continuous straight line down the one hallway it changed drastically. In fact, the whitewashed corridor switched into brick as the light dimmed with every step they took. They were now standing in front of a large doorway with concrete stairs leading down.

"I am personally against what the government is trying to promote here. If given the right training you all will cause the end of the world." He simply shrugged before pushing 'lightly' against Hoseok's back causing him to walk down the stairs at a fast pace. "I know you have connections to the people here but don't go thinking we will take it easy on you." And with that, they arrived onto at the last step. The damp smell finally reaching Hoseok's nostrils through the cloth, his nose twitched with disgust. "Smells nice in here, doesn't it? Get used to it."

"I won't be here long." Hoseok smiled upon being cuffed to the wall, his arms now suspended in the air, he noticed the cuffs he was switched to also glowing a bright shade of yellow. 

"What makes you say that?" The man smirked whilst taking a step back. Taking in the what he deemed a beautiful sight of a contaminated being restrained.

"You don't think my friends will just leave me here do you?" Hoseok tiled his head sideways whilst his smile took on a crooked turn.

"I don't know. You didn't seem too confident a moment ago." The male placed his hand on his left hip and scanned his hopeless figure. "You seemed quite.....what's the word?.... deflated."

"Besides. These handcuffs will not stop me."

"Where did all your confidence come fro~."

"Security cameras placed strategically every five metres, each pointing in front of a cell door but I don't seem to find any in here."

He thought he didn't notice. This caused the cocky male to pause, his face flushing out of nervousness.

"Allowing me to be able to anything in this cell to whoever enters." A grin dawned the orange-haired males face as the other let out a small breath.

"H-HA, what can you or your friends do? Those chains were made to restrain the strongest of the contaminated, you are help-helpless. And be-besides, you said so your self, how are your friends going to get through with our high security, they can't help you." He let out, mentally cursing at himself for letting his nervous state show through his speech.

"That doesn't matter because my 'gift' is not based on physical build." Hoseok raised his feet so the cuffs around his wrist held up his body before pushing off the wall behind him. The male panicked and stepped back in fear but in one swift movement Hoseok's legs looped around the male's neck and brought it with his legs as they fell to the floor once again. The males head tightly locked between his leg.

"Helpless? They aren't coming?" Hoseok turned his attention down to the male and smirked victoriously. He could feel the male beneath him trying to free himself from his grasp desperately but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't.

"Le-le-let-me uh, go." He managed to let out in his desperate attempts for air.

"How can you hate people you have never met before? We are all the same. We have done nothing to deserve this. We band together in hopes of surviving the deadly hunt sent by the government and my friends will not leave me here to die."

"Like you and Yoongi did to us?" A different voice interrupted, gaining Hoseok and the males attention. Hoseok reluctantly released his grip on the male, allowing him to falls flat into the floor whilst gasping for air. He then leaned forward and squinted his eyes in an attempt to see the figure walking down the stairs, immediately recognising the petite figure walking down.

"Yoonji?" He watched as the familiar yet unfamiliar female arrived at the last step, her long bob tied up in a ponytail, a hateful glare dawning the girls face.

"Long time no see, Hobie."