Chapter 45: Snow

"And the genius Bangtan strikes again

"And the genius Bangtan strikes again." You glanced to the side and adjusted yourself in your seat again, in an attempt to claim back the little room you once had. You gaze remained glued to the wire-filled floor whilst your shoulder uncomfortably sat behind Jungkook's broad ones.

"Pardon?" Innocently, the youngest averted his gaze from the floor and faced you. His doe eyes laced with curiosity.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." You forcibly shot the younger a reassuring smile and averted your eyes to gaze upon the night time scenery.

After recovering from 'talking' with Boyeon, Jimin and Taehyung had loudly announced they were ready with a loud scream of celebration. Frightening you and probably the neighbours out of their seats. Namjoon then announced the team's departure at nightfall and that's how you ended up crammed up in the back yet again.

You knew Namjoon's 'gift' was hyper intelligence but you sometimes questioned that; this was one of the cases. In fact, it was not only Namjoon's intelligence you questioned it was partially the whole group. Jungkook was stationed smack bang in the middle with his large biceps and to top it off, Taehyung. You had no complaints at first, at least it wasn't as bad as last time. That was until Taehyung began sleeping and not just sleeping but sleeping whilst simultaneously spread out like a starfish (which was honestly a talent in itself). You wouldn't be able to stay in that position for long until something decided to cramp up - maybe it was signed that you were getting old.

"Nearly there (y/n), hang in there." Jin chuckled from the front seat, apparently hearing your complaints.

"Okay, Taehyung is drooling on me." Jungkook suddenly announced, his nose crinkled in disgust as he eyed the older with fury.

"I am so glad I'm not back there." Yoongi snickered, head peeking up from behind the chair in front of Jungkook. "Jimin's a great and gentle sleeper." He bragged.

Jungkook glared at the grey-haired male before kicking him in the back seat. "The amount of respect I have for you won't save you from total annihilation this time hyung."

Completely oblivious to their bickering, you had zoned out after hearing Jin. The beautiful surroundings of the forest capturing your attention. You were all now in the beginnings of the winter, when the snow slowly begins forming its layer upon the delicate branches and grass truftlets. All of the trees had now lost their autumn foliage, their branches bare. The beginning of winter - although is cold - was a beautiful transition to watch. From bright warm tones of purple and brown tones into icy blues and pale skies. In the safety of the warm van, the outside seemed like a winter wonderland.

It reminded you of the memories as a child. Building snowman's and snowballs fight with your younger siblings. You found yourself reminiscing more frequently nowadays. Little things reminding you of the unforgotten times you would have never looked back upon if this happens; The normal memories.

Yoongi was talking about that. The fact that this childhood had slipped away from him because of becoming a contaminated. That was probably the same with the others in Bangtan. You had grown some sort of respect for them. The things they probably experienced through childhood up until now was something you couldn't possibly begin to fathom. 

Your eyes went to settle on Namjoon and Jin who was sitting up the front. Jin in the driver's seat and Namjoon the passenger. You had little to no information about the two men's pasts but you knew the knowledge they gained is not just from simply living a normal life. You may have been bagging their seating skills but watching Namjoon come up with plans of actions and Jin's support for him and the team was impeccable. They had the utmost trust in each member of Bangtan.

"The snow reminds me how we met Joon." Jin lightly commented, his eyes fixated on the slippy road in front of him.

"That makes you sound like an old man Jin." The younger teased. "You gonna go on a fit about how Bangtan is formed now?"

Jin narrowed his eyes and stared at the maknae in the rear mirror. "Yes actually. Thought that if (y/n) was to join us it's only fair she knows how our amazing little family was formed. I'm sure you are curious."

Jin was sending you so many signals and it didn't help that you trying to figure out his gift. You were pretty sure his gift had something to do with mind reading but you were not one hundred per cent sure.

"Hah yeah sorta." You chuckled, being caught red-handed thinking about the groups past.

"Okay let the Bangtan origin story begin." Smiling, Jin's hands momentarily lifted off the steering wheel, his palms rubbing together with anticipation. However since it was snowing, the light layer of snowy laying on top of the road caused the van to jerk violently.

"JIN BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL!" Namjoon shrieked from the driver seat, immediately waking up the members who were asleep. The van jerked once again before Namjoon quickly grabbed his elders hands and attaching them back onto the steering wheel. "Please." He breathed out, hair slightly dishevelled and puffing out short breaths.

"Hah yeah whoops sorry."

"Jin I think you need to focus on driving." Yoongi groaned, his palm rubbing vigorously on the back of his scalp. Your guess was he must have hit his head during that sudden 'detour.'

"But (y/n)~"

"Save it for a bonfire or something, I don't think my head a survive another hit."

I'm sorry this chapter was SUPER boring, I went through major writer's block for this chapter

I'm sorry this chapter was SUPER boring, I went through major writer's block for this chapter. Like I was stuck for a good two weeks. That's also why it's a bit shorter than the others. We are nearing the climax of the story so hopefully, this will soon begin to get interesting. But for now, I hope that chapter was okay.

See you soon, as always, love from Sea <33