Chapter 39: I'm Fine

After the group separated following the meeting, they all looked so determined - well except for Yoongi, he looked drained

After the group separated following the meeting, they all looked so determined - well except for Yoongi, he looked drained. You saw him shuffle down the corridor and back into his room a few moments after the meeting. You thought he looked off, from what you knew of, he should have had the exact same look of determination on his face as the others. Wanted togo and see if he was okay but you had your own things to worry about.

Namjoon had placed you on the snipping team along with Jimin and Jin. You were flattered and all, you finally got your chance to help out the team but the thing was...you couldn't? They were all contaminated and knew what they were doing on the field but you had nothing. No powers, no skills to offer, you were just a nonessential weight on the team. Jin told you to stay as they wanted to protect you but you were right.

You are a liability.

Somehow, you ended up wandering the corridors of the small house -like the gym - it seemed to calm your nerves.

"Why am I here again?" You whisper to no one in particular.

"You're here because of us. Haven't we been over this before?" The grey-haired male you previously hated stood in the doorway of his room, a blanket lugged over his shoulders.

"Yeah, but it doesn't make sense." You didn't want to intrude into his room like previously so you leaned your back against the corridor wall. "Why? Why are you guys doing this for me? You don't owe me anything." A long sigh left your lips while your eyes went to wander the dark corridor. "You guys keep repeating the same thing but I don't get it." They ended up on the grey-haired man once again. He too let a sigh escape his lips.

"Rule number one of Bangtan. We always make up for our mistakes." There is was again, the brief explanation you always got from one of them. What rule?

'You are here because of our mistake. So, therefore, it is our job to fix the mistake.' Yoongi said something similar last time.

"What mistake?"

"We dropped the SD card in our company building which resulted in you finding it. We were going to kill you for the information you knew but the government had other plans." He began to explain. "You had information we didn't want falling into the wrong hands. After you were seen with us, the government sent their men after you. Hence the run in a week ago, you remember those men?" You nodded and gestured for him to continue. "Because of our small mistake you found the SD and that put you in danger. That was our mistake."

You gasped, finally grasping what the members had been trying to tell you. "Okay, I get it now. Thanks, Yoongi." For once, you didn't say his name in vain, anger or hatred but instead with gratitude. You sent the latter a smile earing one back.

"No problem." He grunted in reply as he massaged his temples. You turned to make sure he was okay after hearing his pained reply.

"You okay?" You asked, voice laced with concern. After watching his face scrunched in pain, you stood up straight from the wall and walked over to him.