Chapter 47: Amity

It was now night

It was now night. The sun had set fully, allowing the stars to shine brightly under the glowing moon. The subtle scent of mint as made it's way to your nose as you ventured behind the pitched tents. It reminded you of the smell of unwrapped candy canes on a Christmas morning with your family.  A happy memory which kept you less scared with every step you took into the thick forest. There were no more leaves on the trees standing tall so when the wind blew through the forest it echoed, resembling soft whispers. Maybe you should have asked Jimin to come with you.

Hearing the leave-less branches creak when the wind blew you pressed your lips into a thin line.

It's just the wind, don't be a sissy.

Forcing yourself to walk forward, Yoongi couldn't be too far from the van. Subconsciously, you left hand went up to rub your right hand in a soothing manner. The cold wind kissing your cheeks and causing your nose to turn a light colour of pink.

You turned back to where you had come from and thankful, you could still see the bright light being emitted from the fire before you looked straight ahead once again. You scanned the area, spotting fallen logs covered in thin blankets of snow and just trees.

The wind picks up, causing your tied locks to blow wildly in the wind, the creaking noise coming to greet you once again.

Just wind.

Wind

Wind

You chanted in your head before letting out a shaky breath. It was only now you spotted a series of rocks a few meters away from where you were standing, as well as a very familiar figure perched on top.

Relief washed over you as you nearly began to spring your way over to the rocks, being careful not to trip upon any lone twigs and logs. A smile made its way onto your lips because you stopped directly behind the tall-ish rock.

There he was, eyes closed and head hung lowly in silence. He must have been so engrossed with whatever he was thinking because he didn't hear you approach him. 

You quietly took a seat next to him on a rock and looked up into the sky. Finally feeling safe you allowed your breathing to calm and match the peaceful forest. Somehow, with Yoongi it didn't seem so frightening anymore. Cliche you knew but having someone beside you made a hell of a difference.

Instead of noticing the darkness of the forest you began to see the light. You noticed the occasional sound of a bird or how the stars twinkled. The wind no longer sounded like soft whispers but instead, you heard the swaying of the tuffs of grass. 

Your eyes wandered over to Yoongi. He sat crossed legged on top of the flat rock, his bangs covering his eyes but you knew they were closed. He was very deep in thought and it slightly worried you. He was usually very vigilant but not this time, he didn't even flinch when you took a seat next to him but he was smiling, something you didn't expect to see.