Chapter 41: Harmony

It was finally winter, a friendly reminder as to just how long you had been away from your family

It was finally winter, a friendly reminder as to just how long you had been away from your family. Yes, the sun was still out but it provided little to no heat. You thought it would be quite warm outside, the sun was shining all throughout the morning. But once you took a step outside, the cold winter air greeted you quickly.

You hurriedly rushed back inside and eyed the slow male putting on his black lace-up boots. "It's soo cold outside." You gasped after successfully closing the door behind yourself.

"Really? It was just sunny a few minutes ago." Yoongi spoke confusedly. He distinctively remembered walking out of his room a few minutes early, only to retreat back into his room to hide from the bright sun.

"Yeah...I know." You mumbled. "But it's freezing. Forget the sun because it's doing jack shit." You rubbed your hands together in an attempt to warm yourself up. "Let's go and get the stuff quickly." Yoongi pursed his lips together before he begun taking off his boots, earning a puzzled expression from you. "What are you doing?"

"You said it's cold." Yoongi simply replies whilst making his way back inside his room. "I'm grabbing a coat." You envied him. He probably had some spare clothes hidden away as an emergency but since you where forcefully taken, you didn't have any. You had been wearing the same clothes for over weeks. They didn't smell and you did shower and wash your clothes. Thankfully the others did make sure to wash and pass you a few extra pieces here and there. Tho, you weren't prepared for the cold winter winds.

You see him emerge back out of his room again, a beige coat now draped over his figure. You pouted. "Don't worry. I won't let you freeze to death." He threw a black jumper in your direction and you gladly accepted.  You immediately took off the jacket Jimin had told you to wear days ago and slid the fluffy piece of clothing on top of your top. You pulled the hoodie of the jumper up before putting the jacket back on. Smiling satisfactorily you chirped a 'thanks' before waltzing out of the house. 

You shoved your hands into the front pocket of the jumper and eyed the scenery around the house. Your breath was calm and you could see the small puffs of smoke coming from your breathing. The house was situated in a somewhat suburban area, it was quiet and peaceful. It wasn't really a place you think a group of gangs members were hiding out. Even so, you could still make out the tall buildings of the city through the winter fog.

Yoongi soon joined your side and he guided the two of you to the said convenience store. A few pedestrians walked past, some with dogs and some out for a run. Every single time they did you never failed to tense up and dip your head, you were afraid of getting recognized. You couldn't imagine the torture that was waiting for you if the government caught you. You were now affiliated with Bangtan, you had to be careful. A shiver ran down your spine once you imagination decided to take over. It filled your minds with bad scenarios.

"Relax." His smooth voice reassured after you two were a good few meters away from the last pedestrian. "It's only a quick trip. We will be fine."

He was way too chill for this.

"How can you be so calm?" You inquired, a hint of curiosity lacing your tone.

"Years and years of practice." You turned to face him, you had finally realized how different he looks. He looked so incredibly...ordinary. His hair was styled back neatly and on his nose rested a pair of black glasses. You would be lying if you said he didn't look good because he looked great. It always surprised you, how so much as a change of cloths can completely change the appearance and someone's perspective of you. "Your staring." The side of his lip rose into a grin before turning to face you.

"Sorry. I nearly didn't recognize you." You admitted honestly.

"Well, this is normality for you." That sentence sounded so normal but yet it wasn't. You could see it in his eyes. That sentence meant a lot more than his appearance, there was pain in his eyes.

You turned your attention to the scenery around you. The birds no longer chirped and the trees leave less, it was dead silent with the occasional howl of the wind. "Yoongi, are you okay?" You could feel his gaze on you but you continued talking. "I-I know we talked about it last night but..." You let out a deep sigh. "It not just about getting Hoseok back is it?" Your tone was gentle and understanding, it calmed him, he felt like he could tell you anything. And that was weird, considering the fact that the two of you where at each others throats a just two days ago. But somehow, you alone had gained his trust faster and quicker than any member and even Hoseok. He felt like he could tell you anything.

"I'm not sure you want to know." He mumbled, causing you to stop in your tracks.

"Don't worry about it. I asked So tell me." You spoke sternly, making sure to let him know that you were listening and you wanted to. 

He pressed his lips together and looked up into the pale blue sky, it had begun to snow lightly. "I don't know where to begin." He admitted, laughing lightly he hide his uncertainty. He had never opened himself up to someone so easily and it scares him. He felt like an open book for you to read. All of his secrets revealed, making him vulnerable. Yet, a small voice in his mind told him he needed his. That after all the years of keeping it inside since the escape and the flashbacks returning, he needed to tell someone and it was time to. You out of all people had the right to know. You were caught up in the middle of this mess, yet you didn't know why he was so overprotective of his orange haired friend. He owned this to you to tell you, after putting you through what he did.

Maybe the reason why he felt like he could trust you was his respect for you. You stayed true to your word and was patient with him.

If you were to work alongside Bangtan, you needed to know their past.

"Start from the beginning." You followed his gaze before catching up to him. A smile unconsciously making its way onto your lips whilst small flakes of snow drifted down slowly. The two of you were now walking side by side down the damp concrete path.

"I was....."

I hope you guys like this chapter because it was a joy to write

I hope you guys like this chapter because it was a joy to write. I love writing about soft Yoongi and the main character. 

As you can probably tell, there are major questions that are going to be answered in the next chapter. As well as angsts, be prepared. Do any of you have any idea from the hints I've dropped ;)