Chapter 56: Source

A small and silent snicker escaped Haejung's lips

A small and silent snicker escaped Haejung's lips. A small one but still noticeable to Yoonji. The snicker holding a mischevious undertone. "What are you doing?" Yoonji spoke up bluntly. She didn't expect to reply with such harshness in her tone but it just came out that way. 

Haejung had been pacing back and forth ever since the two of them had arrived at their post. it was just recently she had stopped her uncontrollable pacing...more like she had completely frozen in place.

Yoonji found it suspicious their commander said nothing more than to 'stay vigilant.' She seemed to be left in the dark as she was mindlessly following behind Haejung's footsteps. However, it seemed Haejung knew more then she did. The bounce in her steps and smirk that had not bothered to leave her face since the mission call told Yoonji everything. 

Why was everyone being so secretive?

Why where they posted here out of all places? It was simply a dead end. Unless...

Pivoting her body around ever so slowly, a cheeky smile rested on the pink-haired female's lips. "Teaching a lesson." The tone Haejung had replied with made Yoonji scrunch her nose in disgust. It was evil, unforgiving. 

As if on queue a petrified scream echoed through the corridor causing Yoonji to push herself off the wall she was rested on. "I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME!" Her eyes widened, her mouth falling open. She hadn't heard that voice in over five years...it's couldn't be...

Wanting to investigate the source of the voice, Yoonji took a step forward. But Haejung was quick to block her from going any further. "I'll see what's up." Ignoring Haejung, Yoonji didn't bother with a reply. The black-haired female only continued her path forward. "Yooonji?" Stopping the elder's movements once again, Haejung's arms came out to hold Yoonji in place. Yoonji flinched under her touch. "I said I'll go and check what's up. You stay here in case someone comes." 

She was definitely hiding something from her.

Reluctantly nodding her head ever so slightly, Haejung turned around with a smile. With a click of her fingers, Haejung had called for the two men posted a few metres away from them.

Yoonji watched they're figures slowly disappear down the corridor.

.

"I'm..." Stepping over and helping his leader up, Yoongi eyed the bruise which was forming on the leader's cheek. A bruise he was responsible for. "So sorry." He couldn't look at him any longer. Yoongi hung his head low, the cap on his head covered his guilt written eyes.

"It's okay Yoongi." Once he was up, Namjoon latched onto his shoulders immediately catching his attention. However, Yoongi didn't bother to look up. Wanting him to look at him, Namjoon's grasp on his elder tightened. "Hey." He let out, soft but stern. This time, Yoongi looked up. "Don't beat yourself up for this. I know you weren't yourself. Whatever~"