Chapter 2

"My letter has come from BigHit." I said to my mother while we were talking on the phone. I walked through my apartment while staring down at the letter that was addressed to me and took a shaky breath as I sat down at my kitchen table.

"I just want you to know that I am proud of you for going and auditioning like this. I wish I could've been able to watch." My mother spoke in her usual sweet tone which always made me smile.

"How many times have I performed for you though?" I asked her and chuckled as she began to 'tut'. "Don't talk back, now open the letter!'

I put the phone down on the table and turned it on loud speaker while I used both of my hands to open the envelope. I took in a deep breath before I opened the letter and gently slid it out of the envelope and began to read it out loud for my mother to hear.

"Dear Miss Hong (Y/N), I am proud to write to you confirming your position at BigHit entertainment! We welcome you to our musical family with love!
On the 23rd of March at 12:30pm we would love for you to come to BigHit once more to collect your information package and the key to your compulsory dorm room. We hope to see you then, thank you and we wish you well! Signed Bang Si-hyuk.....hey tomorrow is the 23rd! That's so exciting!"

My mother began to sob after I had finished reading, and I looked to the phone in alarm. "Mum are you alright?" I asked and waited for her to answer.

"You've done more than people thought you would ever do as my daughter," she began to explain, "I wish they could've heard you reading that letter. So that they can hear for themselves that you are a talented member of the Choi family. No matter out background- or certain family members we aren't all proud to know of. Know that you have made me proud...'

I smiled as I hugged myself gently, feeling at a sudden ease knowing that I had brought my mother pride.

"And I can't wait to see their stupid faces when you're on stage in front of million's of fans." My mother spat distastefully, causing me to laugh.

"Isn't that a bit mean mum? They are only human after all." I asked and my mum just scoffed before answering "trust me, their jaws will be down to their feet when they realise what a talent you are!"

That's when reality had hit me. I was going to perform in front of an audience one day, I was going to have to bring a different array of songs to the table in order to make my name a name that is remembered by all.

"As long as you believe in me mum, I don't care what everyone else thinks." I told her firmly and I heard her sigh in relief.

"I'm just glad that you have followed your own dream and not have became a follower like the rest of them..." She admitted to me in a small voice, and I frowned before nodding my head slowly.

"Let's not think about the negatives. I love you mum, and I'll call you tomorrow to tell you about my dorm room." I smiled in the hope to hear her voice more cheerful.

"Oh yes! I can't wait, I love you as well...goodbye (Y/N)." She said and the line went to silence as she hung up. I was growing concerned of my mother, she was becoming somewhat distant from me- as if she were afraid that her influence was going to change who I am.

I was becoming worried with the fact that she was starting to cry over the thought of me becoming a star, even if it was crying happily. If anyone was changing it was my influence to her...I didn't want my mother to change who she was just because of me.

"I do hope that you find happiness soon mother. I hope that I can be the one to bring you overflowing happiness to your long loving life..." I said to myself quietly with my eyes closed tightly while I sat back in my chair and looked to my bare ceiling seldomly.