Chapter 19

"In this section your arms are supported to go up higher! This is the one dance you have to do on stage and I want it to look flawless!" The choreographer yelled to me, his arms mimicking where he wanted them to be.

It's been three hours. Three gruelling hours of dancing which I did not want to partake in at all. I was tired and sweaty, my eyes were heavy lidded with the exhaustion that came with the intense dance number.

For me, someone who has never had any experience with dancing, it was upsetting for me to imagine that I needed to have this dance number done and dusted before my debut concert which was only a few days away.

"I'm trying ok? You've had me dancing for hours now! I think it's time for a break." I said, challenging the choreographers authority which earned a look of frustration to rise from him.

"Fine, you're done for today." He said as he gathered his things and began to pack them. I walked past him without a second glance, eager to get out of that dance studio before I flipped out. As I stepped out of the doorway, I turned to my left to see both Hoseok and Jimin leaning against the wall as they looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Can I help you?" I asked them both as I was uncertain of what their looks were for. I also picked up on the fact that these two were the best dancers in Bangtan, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were keen on critising my dancing skills.

"We want to help you with your choreography-"
Jimin began and Hoseok nodded with him before speaking, "tonight Jimin-ah and I will be in studio three. Please come around if you want-"

"I understand that you guys are trying to help me," I began with a blank expression, "but I do not see the point in a dance section in my music at all. Thank you but I will be fine with what I have." I didn't want to be shown up or teased by my dancing skills, which was the main reason as to why I declined.

"The offer still stands," Hoseok insisted, "we will be there for most of the night."

As they both walked off I found myself in a state of confusion as I attempted to figure out what it was that I wanted for my career. Was it to be loved for my skills or to make people happy with my music? Could I do both at the same time? Was my job to educate others or to entertain?

I was tossed between two parts of my heart who fought strongly against one another and in my state of confusion I decided to head to my bedroom to do what I usually did when I was confused.

I sat at my piano and pressed down on the keys. I played for however long, not bothering to listen to the loud thoughts in my mind as I washed them away with my soft symphony's. I was allowed to breathe in those quiet moments. I was back to feeling free again, not having a care in the world as I drowned myself in the music.

However, as I played I kept thinking about Yoongi. His smile popping into my mind every time I reached a certain point in the music. I found myself reminicing in the fresh memories that we had created with one another in that short amount of time. I remembered how much pain I was in before I met him, how much my heart used to ache for someone to understand me as well as my mother did.

Was someone else like that in this world?

I didn't believe that until I met Yoongi. Even if he was cold and harsh to me at the start, it's not like I was any kinder to him. But due to our similarities we were able to look past the emotional walls that we had built around ourselves.

As I opened my eyes after what seemed like a lifetime ago, I looked to my clock and saw that it was early in the fresh night. A night that was providing me with ample opportunity to better myself as an idol. To use the tools around me to create a long and successful career despite what my mind was thinking.

I stood up from my piano and left my bedroom, walking down the halls and up several staircases until I reached my desired location. It amazed me that I didn't loose my way in this building, but perhaps my heart was tied to this moment and refused to let me become lost when it knew this is what I needed to break my final barrier for this period of time.

S T U D I O T H R E E

As I placed my hand on the door handle and opened the door, I saw Jimin and Hoseok dancing the choreography for one of their songs. I quietly poked my head through the door as I watched them, their moves captivating me as I was suddenly filled with motivation.

Hoseok looked to the door mid-choreo and turned to me with a wide grin, Jimin doing the same as they welcomed me into the room.

"We are glad that you came (Y/N)!" Jimin chirped, gently waving his face to cool himself down as he looked to me. Hoseok gave me a small clap as I sat down my jacket and turned to them with my eyes glued to the floor.

"I'm here to learn but I also want to apologise," I said, grasping the pairs attention as I continued to speak, "I'm sorry for not being more open to your offer at first, especially since it is a very generous offer which can be hard to come by. I also want to thank you both for helping me out, it does mean a lot to me."

Hoseok clapped his hands much louder this time as he did a small spin, "Jimin-ah and I have already memorised your choreo so let's begin!" Hoseok encouraged as he turned back to the mirror and offered me a position between Jimin and himself.

As I stepped into the spot, Jimin gave me a small smile of encouragement, "We will have you dancing like a pro in no time."