Chapter 28

- YOONGI'S POV -

"Wait, so you're angry?" Namjoon began, "because she is helping the little brother she never knew she had?"

"Not angry." I defended myself quickly, "I'm worried that he might not even be her blood relative. I mean- there isn't any hard evidence."

Namjoon's eyes were soft and supportive, but at the same time I could feel the stern aura around him as he attempted to understand my feelings with Hoseok sitting on the couch as we both talked. It was the first time he had ever been a silent observer.

"I guarantee that Mr Bang will get her to complete a blood test so that they can be sure. She can't just bring a random kid into the dorms." Namjoon stated, calming my rushing thoughts. As if he had placed a set of traffic lights within my mind and suddenly took control of the traffic flow.

"It's not the most ideal thing. I know he is just a kid but we can't be too sure." I told the two men who sat with me. Namjoon smiled and nodded his head softly before turning to his computer.

"You've got to have a little bit of trust in (Y/N)'s judgement. I'm sure she had things under control." Namjoon encouraged but a small ball of doubt surfaced onto my tongue as I contemplated just what she has under control.

The more I thought about it, I realised that she barely had anything in her grasp. She only just debuted under the BigHit label and now has adopted a young boy that she presumably believed was no one but a fan. Her mother had passed and she was still clearly grieving over this in a rather unhealthy way. I didn't know what her coping mechanism was but I wouldn't trust it.

"You don't know anything about her Yoongs," Hoseok began, breaking his silence, "you think you know but you don't. If you really cared for her you would've realised that everything she does is to benefit others."

"Your point?" I challenged.

Hoseok leaned forward and looked me dead into the eye, causing a shiver of fear to roll down my spine as I tried to keep contact with his piercing gaze.

"My point is that her coping mechanism is helping others. She still takes care of herself, but she takes care of others so much better. Because she wants to surround herself in an environment that is safe and happy even when she doesn't feel like she is herself."

"You can't say you know her, because you're sitting there and putting her down for the very thing she has been doing all her life. Providing for those who need it." Hoseok leant back on the couch and turned his gaze away from mine. My lungs finally exhaled the breath that it was holding in and began to breathe at a normal pace as my mind began to process his words.

He was right.

I had gone through the past few weeks thinking that I knew everything that I needed to. But I had become completely blind to the fact that (Y/N) was trying to stay strong for me because she wanted me to be happy. Just like she wants Ji-ho to thrive and be raised the right way. To be raised in a way that she wasn't.

She looked out for everyone, and yet she left out the main person every time. Herself.

"You're fucking right." I said to Hoseok as I held my face in my palms and shook my head gently, "I'm a naive child."

"Naive children still have time to mature." Hoseok said, returning with a warm smile that calmed me down incredibly quickly. I guessed that it was easier to look at his smile then to stare into his serious gaze for five seconds.

I stood up and left Namjoon's studio as I quickly made my way towards (Y/N)'s studio where I had last seen the pair that seemed to be the hot topic on my mind for the hour. I approached the door and stood outside of it for a moment as I listened on the sounds coming from the inside.

It was the sound of a single finger and the  slow pressing of single keys upon the keyboard's surface. Not a tune to anything- but still made me feel sad by its noise. I opened the door and looked inside to see the room bare of (Y/N), but a small Ji-ho sitting up at the keyboard.

He turned and faced me, immediately making it hard for me to resist seeing the resemblance between himself and (Y/N). Those eyes were the shade that the both of them shared. It also made it incredibly hard for me to remain strong when I saw so much hurt and pain within his iris's.

"Min Yoongi," He said expressionlessly as he turned back and faced the keyboard while continuing to press the random assortment of keys. I wanted to ask him where (Y/N) had gone but I decided to take a different approach instead.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to where the small boy sat. I took a seat next to him and placed my left hand onto my side of the keys as I watched him mimic me. It was so innocent that I was taken back to what my own childhood was like for a split moment.

I cleared my throat before pressing down on one key as I waited for Ji-ho to copy my movement. He soon did it, and pressed down on the key that was located on his half of the keyboard. I quickly pressed down on another and hummed in satisfaction as Ji-ho copied my movements once more.

I quickly played two more keys behind that before repeating the tune and waiting for Ji-ho to copy me. His eyebrows furrowed for a moment as he attempted to memorise the tune that I wanted mimicked.

It was a slow process but he followed the tune of keys that I had pressed before he quickened his pace and he soon matched mine as I repeated the melody alongside his own- which created the most perfect harmony.

He seemed impressed with himself as he looked up to me with a toothy grin on his face, "let's play more!"