Chapter 32

The time I spent with Yoongi was worth every second that I had on this cold, unforgiving world.

The pain I felt when he wasn't by my side, was more unbearable then ever before. Now that I was sure that I loved him, the reality had set in. The sleepless nights when he was on tour, the early wake ups to speak with him on the phone when he was on the other side of the world, the loneliness. It had become more common then actually being able to see Yoongi.

Worst of all, the secrecy of our relationship from the world was taking a toll on me. Of course I understood that a public relationship was not on the table due to our contract, but it began to make me think that our relationship wasn't going to progress further then this.

A fling, an emotional bubble of support and subtle affection. I wanted the world to know that Min Yoongi was with me, that he is mine and I am his. But in this world, we would never be able to have this. It would do more damage to the both of us. That is what you sign up for as an idol. You don't get to have the luxury of basic human connection with another person.

But it all came undone, and everything came out into the open. The metaphorical dam that was holding back all our secrets had finally burst through.

And now the whole world knew.

"You seem very distant tonight," I said while on FaceTime with Yoongi, noticing his firm expression that he had plastered over every corner of his face.

He looked briefly to the phone before looking back to the floor with a worried expression. I could tell something was bothering him but I couldn't just ask him about it. Yoongi wasn't the kind of person to tell you what you want to hear, if something was bothering him so badly he would tell me.

What was alarming me, was the amount of silence I was hearing from him right now.

"(Y/N)," he began with a croaked voice, "you know that I love you, more then anything right?"

I took a gulp and nodded my head slowly. This sounded as if it was the beginning of a cliché breakup.

"Yes, I know that. And I love you equally as much." I told him, speaking nothing but the truth.

Yoongi finally turned back to the camera. He was sitting in the hotel room that he was staying at in New York, he had just finished the last sold out show on the tour and was coming home tomorrow. I was very excited to see him of course, but he didn't seem very enthused about anything. 

"Please, just remember how much I am dedicated to you (Y/N). We will work through this together, I promise." He said with soft kind eyes.

I felt confusion at first. But as if on queue, my phone began to flood with more notifications then I had ever recieved before. I was being mentioned in news articles, posts on Instagram, people were tagging me in tiktok's that had been posted only minutes ago. The panic that I began to felt was almost surreal.

"Yoongi, what's going on. What's happening?" I asked as I paused FaceTime and began to look at the titles of the articles.

I always though that I could give the world a chance, and that humans would change. But I soon found out that people are people. And nothing can change the monsters that they all are.

Some articles were titled horrible things, like "Rookie may have stolen our hearts, but she has stolen Min Yoongi's too!"

"Wedding Bells? Shut them down!"

"Min Yoongi dating Rookie, the unexpected couple. How long will they last?"

"Yoongi...." I began to say, my jaw dropping as I scrolled through the countless amounts of hate and harshness. My bottom lip quivered at the very sight of what some of these people were saying.

How can the world be so cruel?

"(Y/N), please stop reading. It'll only make things worse. It won't help you......stop....(Y/N)?"

Yoongi's voice began to fade out, and an eerie ringing noise began to fill my ears as I stared blankly down at the screen.

My heart was beating so hard in my chest that I had to place my hand over it. It was madness. The pure fear and anxiety that began like a sprinkle of rain had now turned into a ferocious tsunami. And I was floating beneath the chaos of it all.

Lifeless, was what I would use to describe it. The feeling I felt. Although I could feel my panicked heart beat, I couldn't feel anything else. I felt numb.

And the one person who I depend on is on the other side of the world, yelling at me through his phone and trying to get me to snap out of it.

Tears began to roll down my face, and the large painful lump in my throat began to subside as more tears hit my bed cover. What was this state I was currently in?

It is nothing like I have ever felt before. I don't know what to expect after this. Will my contract be terminated? Will I go back to being a shitty little street rapper?

No, even that I couldn't go back to now.

".....(Y/N)......"

What is this voice I'm hearing?

Why is there a sudden warmth on my face?

Why do I feel weight on my chest?

"(Y/N)!"

A pop went off in my ears and I snapped back into reality. Sitting on my chest with his hands on my face was Ji-ho. The little brother that I didn't even know existed until a few months ago.

"Please calm down, those people on the internet don't know what you and Yoongi-hyung have together." Ji-Ho said as he used his sleeve to wipe away my tears. I looked over to my phone and saw that Yoongi had hung up.

My face scrunched up painfully, and I looked over to Ji-ho with the last of my tears falling from my face.

"Ji-Ho, I don't know if that will make a difference." I told him while attempting to control my rapid, short breaths. Ji-Ho sat up off my chest and gently stroked my head while continuing to wipe my tears away with his damped sleeve.

"(Y/N) I promise we will show them. They don't know what kind of love you have together. They will see, don't you worry." He attempted to be as supportive as he could, and I appreciated it. But all I wanted to do was disappear into the darkness and never have to address the issue again.

Even going back to a week ago, when I got to see Yoongi on his stop over flight. Those few moments with him were more than enough for me and I would give anything to be held like that once more.

But now, everything is going to change.