Chapter 21

It was when I woke up the next morning that reality started to set in. I had finally debuted under BigHit and there was nothing standing in my way. The world was my oyster. I had so many supportive people in my life that I didn't have a reason to feel alone anymore.

I realised that I felt happiness without even realising it and that happiness can be possible when you have the right people around you to bring it out.

I got up out of bed and prepared myself for the day. I brushed my teeth and pulled my hair back up before changing into some loose clothes that I could comfortably work in my studio for a while before hanging out with Yoongi. It's what I usually did anyhow.

"(Y/N)?" A voice asked from my door. I walked over and opened it up and was met with a very built security guard stood in the door frame, "there is a man at the front desk. Who claims to be your father. We were hoping you could come down to the front desk and confirm his identity."

I could've sworn that I heard my heart shatter within my chest. My breath hitched in my throat as my hands began to shake. I thought my eyes would fall out of my head with the amount of pressure I had against them.

I pushed past the the security guard and ran down the hallway to the staircase where I almost fell down them with the amount of speed that I had gained in the short amount of time I had been running.

Adrenaline was running through my veins as I reached the front desk, and my eyes quickly darted to the man who stood in front of the receptionists desk. I recognised him all too quickly, even though he had aged since the last time I had seen him. He had always been younger than my mother, perhaps ten or fifteen years younger.

But he still had the same cold eyes that I remember from all those years ago, the same demeaning expression that sent me back into the harsh memories of my childhood. The moment he recognised me, he smiled softly and started to speak.

"My girl," he began, "I heard about your mother and thought I should come and have a talk to you. I know how much she meant to you and I just-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I lunged at the man. I grabbed a handful of his jacket and yanked him toward me as I raised my fist into the air, "How the fuck did you find me!?"

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist as I was lifted into the air, throwing my arm out of balance and missing my target as my eyes bored into my father's shocked ones. The security guard had yanked me away from my father, and used enough strength to have my hand yanked from the handful of jacket I had palmed in my hand.

"Don't you ever come back here!" I screamed at him as I grabbed onto the arms of the security guard as my tears slowly ran down my face in thick streams, "after everything you've done to mum and I, I don't ever want to see you ever again for the rest of my life!"

I was pulled around the corner and taken into a small office where the security guard finally released me. I didn't stand, my legs were too weak to even support myself. I crumpled to the floor in a sobbing heap as I clutched my chest and held my head to the ground.

"I'll make sure that he has left the premises." The security guard said as he quickly left the office and closed the door behind him.

My head pounded as I sailed into the ground. I couldn't even fathom how much emotional scarring had been re-opened by my father's visit. I was comfortable with the fantasy that I would never see him again for the rest of my life. Somehow he had come back, he had found me and broken me all over again.

"I don't want you here. Just leave. Don't ever come back near me again. Just leave like you did when I was young." I mumbled to myself as I let out chocked sobs, my tears beginning to stain the carpet as I clutched my sides.

"(Y/N)." Yoongi's voice approached me as the office door was opened. He was quick to be kneeling down at my side and gingerly placing a hand to my back as he attempted to comfort me.

"Don't let him come back Yoongi. I'll shatter. I can't do it again." I whispered as I looked up to the man with pleading eyes which were stained with the bloodshot pattern of pain crossing over them.

Yoongi's expression was one that was painted with sympathy as he embraced me tightly. He held me close to his chest as I wept into his shirt. Letting out everything that had built up over my years of growing up.

I let out the pain I felt when my father left.
I let out the pain of having to deal with anxiety and depression going through adolescence.
I let out the pain that I held back through my late teen years.
I let out the pain I felt during my steps to debuting.
I let out the pain I held back when my mother passed.

I finally....broke down