Chapter 11

"Perhaps we should sober up first?" Yoongi asked once we were safely back at the BigHit building.
I looked to him before waving my hand in his face and rolling my tongue across my lips momentarily.

"Oh don't be ridiculous, we are sober enough! Now let's go, into the car!" I said as I grabbed the door handle to the passenger seat, only to find that it wouldn't open. I began to aggressively pull the handle and shout out curses that even Yoongi was surprised about.

"Oi genius, the door is locked." Yoongi told me as he looped his arm around my waist and pulled me away from the feud between me and the now unlocked door handle.

                                  -      -     -      -

"I hate cars" I mumbled against the car window. I recoiled away the moment I felt my alcoholic breath warf back into my face off of the glass. Yoongi softly chuckled from the drivers seat, clearly not fased by the alcohol in his system.

"I'll remind myself to never let you fight with a car again." He paused for a moment as he drummed his fingers against the steering wheel,

"Hey it's going to be a while till we get to Daejeon," he said, stating my previous city, "why don't you get some sleep hm? I'll wake you up when we reach the city."

I accepted his offer and immediately made myself as comfortable as I could against the car's seat. I crossed my arms and rested my head against the car door.

Within my state of slumber I wondered what it would be like to see my mother again. I wondered if she still looked the same. The same beautiful smile that would always make me happy no matter what I was going through? I wondered if that was he way she would greet me as I came home.

But it could be very different than that. I could find a completely different person when I walked through that familiar atmosphere. I hoped for the best. Within my dreams I saw that she was well and happy, the both of us would embrace each other with warmth and tears of happiness would begin to streak down our face as the familiarity between us blossomed.

A pressure upon my shoulder sprang me back to reality as I sat bolt upright in the car. Yoongi retracted his hand away and returned it to the steering wheel.

"We are here, what street am I driving to?" Yoongi asked me as he continued to drive down the freeway. I rubbed my eyes as they adjusted to the now high rised sunlight.

"Uhhh we have to take a left up at the exit up here. Then I'll direct you from there." I told him while taking in a sharp breath as the scenery made me feel nostalgic. I remembered the city like I had never left, and finding my way back home was as easy as breathing air.

Soon enough Yoongi had parked upon a driveway that I was all too familiar with. Many things had taken place in this driveway, some were worth the memories but most I tried my hardest to forget.

As I stepped out of the car, Yoongi slowly walked toward where I stood beside the car while his eyes scanned over the residence.

"You lived here..?" He asked me quietly. Even I knew that the house wasn't anything special, but the way Yoongi said it made me glare at him as I felt offended.

"Yes, I did actually. Is there something wrong with the house?" I spat, causing Yoongi to scowl at me as he flared his cheeks in annoyance.

"No you idiot, I was just thinking out loud. I wasn't being rude. Now are we going in or not?" He asked, pushing me forward with his sassy expression. I rolled my eyes as I advanced up the stairs and through the front door.

As I looked around, I immediately felt that there was something wrong. The place wasn't as open and inviting, which was the usual feeling that it held. Almost too quickly, I made my way through the house and quickly to my mothers bedroom. As I opened the door, that's where she was.

Skin and bone was the only way I could describe her. The bed looked all too big for such a little body. I wasn't going to lie, I was shocked. I was shocked that she had gone down hill so quickly.

"Mum?" I asked her, as I quickly moved to her side and grasped her hand. Weakly, her head titled to my direction and she forced a very small smile across her lips.

"(Y/N).." she whispered, her voice straining to even say my name, "you're here..."

"Mum what's wrong? Why aren't you in the hospital?" I asked her as I swiftly held my hand to her forehead. I felt how cold she was becoming, and even listening to her breathing was hard enough for me.

"I need to call you an am-"

"No.." She croaked out, her cold finger tips attempting to grasp my wrist with as much strength that she had. When I looked into her eyes, all I saw was a pleading look of desperation. Within the doorway, Yoongi stood and observed quietly.

"I want to die here (Y/N). Please...understand that I want to be here...in my bed..surrounded by everything..that I love."

My teeth began to chatter as tears filled my terrified eyes.

"You know you can't leave me. You know I can't do anything without you. Don't you dare give up on me now Mum. You can't do this, not now..."

Her hand rested against my cheek, turning my face toward her where she was smiling at me. Which I envied, I envied that she was able to smile through everything no matter what the circumstance was.

"I'm not giving up..but it is my time..you know that."
She whispered while looking toward the doorway and giving Yoongi a small wink, "besides..I can leave knowing you're taken..care of.." I felt her hand slacken against my cheek, but I forced it to stay there.

"Yoongi call an ambulance! Please, please Mum don't leave me! I need you! I made it Mum, I've made it as an idol. You told me you were going to watch me!"

Yoongi ran from the room to call and ambulance, leaving me to be with too many emotional consequences.

"I'll..always..be a..fan..." She whispered, her eye lids gently closing as her existence was now at peace. No longer would she have to feel the pains of life, the hardships of love, or the sadness that can consume ones self. She was now free.

As her hand slackened, I finally new what heartbreak was. I knew what it was to have something you love taken so far away. But no matter how much I screamed for her to come back in those last few minutes...

She didn't seem to hear me....