Chapter 6

"Bite" I repeated to myself out loud and slammed my hand excitedly onto my desk before I got up and jumped around in my small studio, "fuck yeah! I've finally got a song done!"

"Language!" Jin shouted as he walked past, too much of a mother to not hold himself back on scholding.

"Sorry!" I shouted back as I held up my music sheet with a beaming smile before I held it to my chest, "I'm so glad you are finished." I mumbled.

"Ahhhh! Jungkookie you owe me five dollars! I told you she had a song ready!" I heard a voice chirp from my doorway.

When I turned around I saw a younger male, who I presumed was Jungkook handing another man five dollars with an unamused look. "Don't go bragging about this please."

"Yeah- uh hi?" I interrupted, and the man now with five dollars looked over to me and smiled so widely his eyes shrank.

"Sorry! I'm Park Jimin! And this is the maknae Jeon Jungkook. We placed a bet on if you had made a song or not yet. And I won!" He waved the money in front of Jungkook's face and the Maknae scowled.

"If you don't stop waving that money I'm going to take it right back." He threatened.

"And if you don't get out of the way- I'm going to tell Jin that you aren't cleaning your room like you're supposed to." A new, but familiar voice chimed in.

I smiled as I saw Yoongi appear behind the younger males while eyeing them.

"No- we are going now! We just wanted to stop by and say hello! We are running now Jimin, bye bye!" Jungkook shouted as he grabbed onto Jimin and bolted down the hall away from the confrontation.

Yoongi shook his head and rubbed his eyes before stepping into my studio.

"And what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" I asked Yoongi while leaning on my desk with my hood comfortably sitting on my head.

Yoongi looked at me and let out a 'tch'.

"I just wanted to see how the Rookie was doing." Yoongi told me as he used the newly found stage name that belonged to me. Looking over to my computer he saw the sheets of music, "so you've written one then?" He asked me.

I nodded and smiled toward the music sheets. "It took a little longer than I would've liked but it's progress. Just three more to go now." I said, rubbing my palms together gently.

Yoongi raised a brow gently, "Three? Do you have another song as well?" He questioned, making me smile and hold back a giggle at his slightly confused expression.

"Yeah, I'm using he song I auditioned with. Original and everything." I explained as I turned and grabbed the music sheet for Mother.

"Your Mother is your biggest fan after all." Yoongi commented as he remembered the explanation of my tattoo. He looked over the lyrics and nodded before placing them down.

"You are...very direct." Yoongi stated with the corner of his mouth twitching into a soft smirk of amusement as his eyes carefully rested upon my gaze.

"It's my style. I don't bullshit around." I let out a small chuckle before I collected up my music sheets and began to tidy my studio as it had gotten a little bit messy over the past few days.

Suddenly there was the echoing sound of one note being played on the piano. When I turned and looked over my shoulder I saw Yoongi seated at the said piano as his hands began to glide over the keys gently. He looked at one with his mind, his movements fluent and elegant.

I stood for a moment in silence as I began to listen to him play. The emotions that I felt pour through my heart made me feel as if I were floating. I found myself walking toward Yoongi, and I stood behind him as I watched him stretch across to reach the keys, his fingers having a mind of their own as they pressed down on the keys.

He moved down to the deeper half of the piano's keys leaving the higher note half bare and forgotten. Perfect for me to play beside him.

When I sat down on the edge of the seat I gently glided my left hand over the keys. I matched his melody perfectly. The corner of Yoongi's eye travelled over to me as he observed me beginning to match his melody.

I scooted into the seat more, my left thigh touching the outside of Yoongi's right thigh, and I used both of my hands to press the keys gently. The music was flowing beautifully and Yoongi began to match the beautiful melody as best as he could. We remained silent, the only sound that was between us was the melody we were creating together. 

And it suddenly stopped. Our hands stopped dancing with one another, the melody ceased to echo and the beating of my heart throbbed within my ears. I looked to Yoongi, his hands were shaking slightly as his adrenaline began to pump. He turned to me and let out a sigh of disbelief while he shook his head gently.

"No one...not even the members of Bangtan can keep up with me like you did..." He breathed out, standing up from the piano and looking down at me as if he were stunned that I had actual talent.

Or perhaps he was shocked that I could've had equal, if not, more talent than him.

"I practiced. I practiced till my fingers cramped into place from pressing the keys and my fingertips bruised. I haven't been given anything to make me who I am, I had to do it all myself." I shut the piano lid before standing quietly and smiling contently to myself before I turned and faced Yoongi. Half a meter seperating us.

"But I'm willing to learn from someone if they are willing to listen in return. To change my perspective on what everything is about."

"I can be a good teacher when I want to be." Yoongi mumbled loud enough for me to hear,

I smiled and looked off to the side, "do you want to be?" I asked in an attempt to get an answer from him.

Yoongi smiled slightly, his hand patting the top of my head before he began to step out of the room,

"Yes I do."