Ramadān Qur'an Gem 1 {19: 59} : "Khalfun"

Allah sent Islam to make your life easy not difficult

Bismillah

Khalfun

Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat, & have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.”
{Surat Maryam 19: Verse 59}

♦ In Surat Maryam ayaah 58, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’alaa) tells us about amazing Prophets. Then in ayaah 59 is a description of  ‘khalfun’  that came afterwards. In classical Arabic, ‘khalfun’ means people (example- progeny/ generation) who are left behind that are very bad.
♦ The question arises that if such amazing Prophets came before, then how can the generation after became so bad? Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’alaa) elaborates how things went wrong & this is VERY IMPORTANT & EXTREMELY RELEVANT to all of us:

Step #1:
They wasted / neglected / were careless with their prayers.
The scholars commented:
→ They were not particular about the TIMING of the prayer.
→ They neglected the CONCENTRATION & quality of their prayer.
→ They started to LEAVE the masaajid empty due to worldly pursuits & pleasures.

Note that these people still pray! But they lack the 3 aspects mentioned above. Each of us should take a long, hard look at the mirror & do self-critic on the above.
This is the beginning of the slippery slope of their downfall. When we read about these people, we think: “Man, those are some bad people! Isn’t going to happen to me! I may not be that perfect, but at least I’m not that bad!” Be careful: Everything starts a little somewhere. That first slip is when one becomes careless with the prayers & everything else will start to snowball & go downhill from there onwards.
♦ Never belittle your prayers! When Umar ibn al-Khattab (RadiAllahu Anhu) became Caliph, he wrote a letter to his governors that the most important of any of their issues is the prayer because whosoever becomes neglectful of their prayers will be even more neglectful about anything else.

Step #2:
They followed their carnal animal desires. So they will be thrown in Hell.

“But there came after them successors who neglected prayer and pursued desires; so they are going to meet evil”
{Surat Maryam 19: Verse 59}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From tafseer of Surat Maryam by Sheikh Abdul Nasir Jangda.

A blessed start of Ramadan to all. May the almighty make this our best Ramadan ,and may he accept our fast, standing in worships and all the good deeds and act of charity. May we be among the righteous.

Ameen