Ramadān Qur'an Gem 21 {25:73}: "Don't fall deaf and blind (Part 6)"

Bismillah

Bismillah

Don’t fall deaf and blind (Part 6)

Who Gets Allah’s Mercy? – Part 6

Please refer to the previous post for the first six categories of Ibad-ur Rahman.

Category #7:

And those who, when they are reminded of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc) of their Lord, fall not deaf & blind thereat.

{Surat Al-Furqan 25: Verse 73}

•Everyone has the opportunity to belong to this category whenever we attend, read, or listen to Islamic talks and lectures.

•Ibad-ur-Rahman are those who when they are reminded of the ayat of their Rabb, they did not pass or trip over that ayat deaf and blind. They don’t say: “Yeah it’s a nice speech, but I’m still gonna do what I’m gonna do anyway.” Be not like those who listen,  yet nothing changes. We’ve listened to Islamic speeches our whole lives, ask ourselves: What has changed?

•When we listen to an Islamic podcast, MP3, Youtube video, or an Islamic dars, and when we walk out & resume our day, say to ourselves that we will not forget those lessons. They are lessons for our lives because they reminded us the ayat of our Rabb. Don’t reduce them to just a speech or just a program.

•Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) says: The believers (Al-Mu’minun) are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts & when His Verses (this Qur’an) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone) {Surat Al-Anfaal 8: Verse 2}.

So far we have come to seven categories of Ibad-ur Rahman. Don’t treat these posts as merely information, but try and apply them insya Allah! Ibn Mas’ood (Radhiyallahu anhu) said: “True knowledge is not measured in relationship to how much you memorize and then narrate, but rather, true knowledge is an expression of piety [protecting oneself from what Allah prohibited and acting upon what He mandated].

====================================
Gems extracted from “Who Gets Allah’s Mercy?” lecture by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan.