Ramadān Qur'an Gem 14 {20:43-44}: "Never give up"

''Never despair in the mercy of Allah.''

Bismillah

Bismillah

Never Give Up

“Go both of you to Fir’aun, for he has indeed transgressed all bounds; But speak to him mildly; perchance he may take warning or fear (Allah).”

{Surat Ta-ha 20: Verse 43-44}

• When we sinned, we become disappointed with ourselves: “How could I have done such a thing?” That feeling is natural. It’s not something bad to feel disappointed with ourselves nor sad about the sin. It’s a gift from Allah to feel this way. You are conscious of that mistake.

• But the sahabah of Rasulallah (Salallahu Aleyhi Wasallam) never translated this self-disappointment into thinking that Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) has also given up on them. The sahabah (Radhiyallahu Anhu) also did not belittle the smallest of sins, what more when it comes to big sins – but no matter how big their sins were, they understood that Allah’s mercy is much bigger. So never think that we are beyond the point of return! Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) has forgiven others who have transgressed far more in the past.

• Even beyond that, ponder this: Allah knows the evil of Fir’aun, that he will kill thousands of babies, that he will die as a kaafir, declaring himself as God. It’s hard to match this kind of evil! But when Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) commanded Musa (Alaysalaam) to go to Fir’aun, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) says: “Speak to him in soft words. Maybe, he accepts the advice or fears (Allah)”. Allahputs hope in the heart of Musa about Fir’aun – Fir’aun could STILL make the choice. Not giving up even on Fir’aun? Who else is left? Subhanallah.

• Just because you’ve lost hope with yourselves, doesn’t mean that Allah has lost hope in you. Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala)  says that human beings are created in the best possible fashion {Surat At-Tin 95: Verse 4}. Human beings are honored & an honored human cannot give up! So one should never despair from the Mercy of Allah. Come back to Allah & make tawbah. And realize that we are not in any position to judge & give up on others as well!

Gems extracted from “Never Give Up” lecture by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan