Ramadān Qur'an Gem 17 {25:64-66}: "Qiyam and Protection (Part 2)"

“The best prayer after those prescribed is (the prayer performed) in the depth of night.”

Bismillah

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Bismillah

‘Humility (Part 2)

Who Gets Allah’s Mercy? – Part 2

Please refer to the previous post for the first category of Ibad-ur Rahman.
Category #2:

And those who spend the night in worship of their Lord, prostrate & standing.

{Surat Al-Furqan 25: Verse 64}

•They spend the entire night performing Qiyamul layl. This category seems tough! But know what’s amazing? The first category mentioned is not the people of Qiyamul layl, but the ones who control their anger. Allah loves those people even more than the people who spend the whole night in prayer. Subhanallah!
Category #3:

And those who say: “Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment.” Evil indeed it is as an abode (مُسۡتَقَرًّ۬ا – short term settlement) & as a place to rest (وَمُقَامً۬ا – long term residence).

{Surat Al-Furqan 25: Verse 65-66}

•This is a group of people whom Allah loves just because they ask Allah that they don’t want to see Jahannam. They know it’s a terrible place to be for a little while or a long time.

•There are some who say. ‘’I’m a Muslim, so eventually I’ll be in Jannah anyway’’. I won’t be in Jahannam forever, so what’s the big deal if I do a one weekend worth of haram?

•If any of us think like that, remember: In Surat Al-Anbiya 21: Verse 46, the ayat describes the least punishment of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) How least is it? The people that are mentioned in that ayat are not even in Jahannam, but are only exposed to a tiny bit of air that touched them just barely. And that was the only torture they received so far. Yet these people would cry out that they have never felt more tortured ever in their life. Compare that to the severe actual punishment in Jahannam.

•Ibad-ur Rahman does not have the mentality of Bani Israel, who said they can handle Hellfire because they think they will only be in it for a few days {Surat Al-Baqarah 2: Verse 80}. Ibad-ur Rahman understand & ask Allah that they don’t want any part of Jahannam, neither short nor permanent, not for a minute, not even for a second!

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’aala) protect & save us from Jahannam, ameen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gems extracted from “Who Gets Allah’s Mercy?” lecture by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan.