🌌 19 🌌

january 12th

Jimin stands near the receptionist desk of the hospital, watching the front doors intently. He doesn't quite know the faces of any of Hoseok's friends, but he has seen a few pictures of them on social media. He'll be ready.

Only minutes later, two boys walk in swiftly, and Jimin immediately recognizes one as Kim Seokjin. He waves them over.

"I'm Jimin." He says, trying to make his voice be louder than usual.

"Where's Hoseokie?" Jin asks, looking around curiously. Namjoon does the same, just with a bit more patience.

"I'll take you to him when Yoongi and Taehyung get here." Jimin assures them. It doesn't take long for the others to arrive, and after a quick introduction, Jimin leads them all to Hoseok's hospital room.

-

Hoseok paces back and forth, his palms and face sweaty due to anxiety. This could go wrong in so many ways, but he has to do it. For Jimin.

Yes. For Jimin.

Somebody knocks at the door while Hoseok's back is facing it, and he doesn't turn around yet. He's terrified. He feels so vulnerable, so weak, so...

Everything fades away when a familiar hand lands on his shoulder. He turns his head slightly to see Jimin nodding at him, as if to say it's okay.

They'll understand. They're your friends. Jimin's eyes seem to be saying. Hoseok nods ever so slightly, and turns to face Seokjin, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung.

I can't do this.

His body jolts forward as he prepares to run, but Jimin has his arm wrapped around his side, keeping him in place. Hoseok blushes from embarrassment.

"This is where I've been." He starts slowly. His friends stare at him, their eyes full of pity and sympathy and... love.

He tells them what he told Jimin, and he tells them how he ended up here. He tells them everything. All of the feelings that were once so painfully bottled up inside of his heart are finally being released. No longer does he feel like he's suffocating. He shows them the wounds on his arms and the mark from the IV and he apologizes for not telling them sooner.

When he finishes, nobody moves for several brief moments. Then, Seokjin lunges forward and wraps him in a motherly hug, followed by Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung. Jimin stands off to the side a bit, the smallest hint of a smile on his face.

Hoseok's eyes lock with Jimin's, and he smiles, silently thanking Jimin.

I never could have told them without your help.

"Hoseok, we are always here for you. No matter what, we'll always support you." Seokjin says after pulling away from the warm embrace. Namjoon smiles and nods, agreeing.

"I guess I can take time out of my sleep schedule just for you." Yoongi says while smiling, his eyes twinkling.

"Hoseok is more important than games!" Taehyung shouts, and hugs Hoseok again.

The group of friends share hugs and laughs and friendly gestures for quite awhile until the nurses start complaining that visiting hours are over. Jimin, of course, gets an exception.

Sadly, the others have to go.

"Log in tonight! We can talk more!" Seokjin shouts while being escorted out by a nurse. Namjoon laughs and follows. Yoongi waves along with Taehyung.

Moments pass and the room is silent again. Hoseok lets out a sigh of relief and content and happiness, and turns to Jimin.

"I never could have done this without you. And I thought I was the one who gave people hope." He jokes. "Thank you, Jimin." He adds the last part with a big smile on his face.

Jimin smiles in return, but his eyes don't show it. His mind is elsewhere.

His mind is on Jeon Jungkook.