🌌 71 🌌

march 11th

Crickets chirp from the bushes as Hoseok stands on the porch, his hand inches away from the front door of the slightly run-down house. His legs are shaking slightly, but he has to be strong.

This is for Jimin.

He knocks on the door, and of course, nobody answers. He knew that would happen as he warned Jungkook of his arrival, but he was hoping it would be easier than this.

Sighing, he turns the handle and pushes the door open.

Inside, it's very dark. Hoseok can't see much past the doorway, but he swallows his fear and takes a single step inside.

He quiets his breathing and stands still, listening for any sign of life. Of course, it's entirely possible that Jungkook fled from his house to keep himself safe, but from what Hoseok knows about him, he would stay to fight.

"So you did show up." A voice says from the darkness, and Hoseok feels his heart stop for a moment. The voice, obviously Jungkook, laughs quietly. Hoseok resists the urge to run, though the darkness doesn't help him be brave at all.

"I keep my promises." Hoseok says firmly, and Jungkook laughs again.

"Funny. You think you're all high and mighty, showing up here? Huh?" Jungkook taunts, and Hoseok bites his lip. "Protecting Jimin, is that what you call it? What's the point? He hates you."

"He hates you too." Hoseok points out, anger rising in his body.

"Then join me. We can bring him here and force him to love us." Jungkook suggests, and Hoseok narrows his eyebrows.

"I'm not here to get him to love me again. I'm here so that when he knows I'm gone, he can love somebody else fully without having to worry about your existence." Hoseok says, his voice shaking just slightly.

"So what are you gonna do? You gonna kill me?" Jungkook asks in a mocking voice, laughing again. A loud noise on the wall on Hoseok's left causes him to jump. His heart is beating rapidly now, and he's not sure if he can do this.

"N-no."

"Well you're gonna want to after I'm finished here." Jungkook chuckles, his face finally coming into view. Before Hoseok can take action, the younger boy has a firm hold on his arm and is dragging him into the darkness.