🌌 33 🌌

-Jimin's flashback-

"So what's your story, Park Jimin? Where have you been, who have you met?" Jungkook asks, smiling fondly at Jimin as they eat their meal.

It's not a date, it's just a friendly outing. It doesn't mean anything. The butterflies in Jimin's stomach mean nothing at all.

"I dunno. I've been around." Jimin shrugs, and scratches his head.

"Aww, c'mon. Someone like you is bound to have a story or two." Jungkook insists, but Jimin doesn't really have anything to say. He hasn't done anything remarkable. He hasn't met any idols or made a great achievement. He's just Jimin.

"Well, I sang in a talent show when I was in middle school." Jimin recalls, and laughs at the memory. He had been so afraid to get on the stage that his old friends practically had to drag him up there. His handa and legs were shaking the entire time, but people seemed to like it anyway.

"Oh? How's your voice?"

Jimin blushes.

"I don't... sing anymore." He admits, though he doesn't say why. That's a story for some other time. He shouldn't kill the mood on such a nice day.

"Ah. I used to sing too." Jungkook says, and Jimin nods, his gaze dropping back down to his plate of food.

Isn't he supposed to be comfortable around people he likes?

"Umm..." He stutters, then sings a few lines from a k-pop song he heard a day or two ago. Jungkook looks at him with wide eyes, then bursts out laughing. It doesn't seem like a very good reaction.

"I see why you don't sing anymore." Jungkook laughs while shaking his head, and Jimin forces a smile on his face, pretending to understand.

His gaze drops from his plate to the floor. He gets up from his chair.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." He whispers quickly, and begins to head for the bathroom, but a hand tugging on his wrist keeps his feet planted in place.

"Who said you could go anywhere?" Jungkook said seriously, his eyebrows narrowed.

And that

was just

the beginning

of a

n i g h t
m a r e.