🌌 70 🌌

march 11th

It's early morning, and Hoseok never bothered to go to sleep. He'd been too busy worrying about the entire situation, throwing up due to the worrying, and feeling horrible about himself because of how things ended with Jimin.

Permanently ended.

Hoseok closes his eyes for a brief moment, willing himself not to start crying again. He can't cry in public.

He opens his eyes and watches the few people on the subway.

The train rumbles to a stop and Hoseok sits up, attentive.

He's almost there.

He slings the straps of his backpack over his shoulders and exits the subway, walking out to the street. It's dark outside, but very calm. It's weird to be so near Jimin's house already, but he knows that isn't where he's going.

Hoseok's going past Jimin's house, past the safety and warmth of his home. He's walking past a place he grew to love.

He's walking past someone that could have kept him in this world.

His footsteps echo through the still night, tapping against the sidewalk like raindrops on windowsills.

He rounds a corner and comes face to face with Jimin's house, and to his dismay, the lights are still on.

"He doesn't miss me."

Hoseok forces himself to look away and press on, walking faster and faster to get away from the house. He passes it, and feels his heart break all over again.

If only he looked in the windows.

-

"Hold on- what was that outside?" Jimin asks, running to the window and looking around frantically. He could have sworn he saw someone from his peripheral vision. Nobody walks around late at night, especially not alone.

But someone did.

Before Jin or Namjoon can stop him, Jimin's dashes out his front door to look, but if anybody really was there, they walked away already.

Jimin's heart sinks. He wanted it to be Hoseok.

He wipes his face as he walks back inside, shuts the door, and lays on the couch.

He breaks down all over again.