Chapter 2: King Vermeer

Princess Madison and Princess Daisy found themselves doing more evil deeds for the evil King Vermeer.

King Vermeer was a disgustingly evil king. He was supposed to be dead, killed by magicians, but he was still alive.

King Vermeer was more than a century old, living in a dark, damp place. He lived in a world between the living and the dead. This place was called, The Kingdom Vermeer.

King Vermeer long ago had had Queen Jonquil in his entrapment. King Vermeer had taught her magic, dark magic. He made all of his prisoners do evil deeds for him above in the living world.

After Queen Jonquil died because of a spell gone wrong, her daughters, Princess Daisy and Princess Madison were now his prisoners. They worked for him, night after night, for so long.

The King Vermeer also had the two princesses under a spell. They could not tell anyone of their entrapment with King Vermeer. Every night when the princesses left, a sleeping spell was cast on the king and prince.

When Princess Daisy had married, King Vermeer had Daisy and Madison, tortured. He had sent electric bolts through their bodies, made them dance for him for a whole day, with no breaks. King Vermeer still had them dance for him every night, for an hour, non stop, with his two sons, Prince Bates and Prince Salem. The king thought that Branton would find out about their entrapment, and would seal up the kingdom. He wanted to prevent Madison from trying to find a husband, and decided that torturing her was the best way to tell her what would happen if she did wed.

Princess Madison pulled out her magic globe. It was small enough to fit in a large pocket. This globe allowed you to see anyone you wished, and to talk to anyone with another globe. Only the princesses and King Vermeer had a magic globe.

"What, your highness?" Princess Madison said, rather sharply, when she saw King Vermeer's face.

"Have you finished hiding the poisonous snakes in the villages?" He asked. The way King Vermeer spoke, his deep, threatening voice, could send a shiver down anyone's spine.

"No, we, er- sort of..... Lost one? Or two..... Or all of them." Madison closed her eyes. When they returned to the Palace Vermeer through the portal in the woods, surely she and Daisy would receive a punishment.

"Use your tracking spell and find where they are, girl! Are you a fool?" King Vermeer snarled.

Of course. Why hadn't they used a tracking spell? "Sorry, your majesty. We'll find them. Again, sorry. So very, very sorry!" Princess Madison wasn't afraid to speak up to the king, but she was afraid of the punishments that might come her way.

The King Vermeer's face disappeared. He had ended the call. Both princesses sighed. "Thank goodness he's gone!" Daisy said.

"Yes, but he won't be gone forever. Sigh," Madison replied. That was the bad part. The only way to get away from King Vermeer would be to trap him in his prison. For good. But, the two princesses would need help. If they tried to create a wall, sealing the kingdom up, both of them would die.

"Alright," Princess Daisy said, breaking the silence. "Time to go find these snakes!"