Chapter 17: Failure or Opportunity?

Winston had fallen asleep under Princess Madison's bed, when he heard the bedchamber door open. He froze, thinking it was one of Vermeer's courtiers.

"Winston," came Madison's voice. Winston looked to the right side of the bed, and saw Princess Madison's blue eyes peering at his invisible body.

"Come, on." She continued, stepping to the side of the bed so Winston could crawl out from underneath.

"We're ready," Madison said, as Winston appeared before her, turning visible.

"Are you sure we have everything? Will Vermeer catch-" Winston was interrupted when Madison kissed him. She pulled away from him, and put her arms around his neck. "Vermeer won't find out, Winston. Don't worry," she smiled. "Let's go find Branton and Daisy, and get out of this terrible place." She let go of Winston, and headed toward the door.

Winston felt his face turn red. Princess Madison, a princess!, had just kissed him. And, much to his consent, enjoyed it.

Winston turned invisible again, and grabbed Madison's elbow. "Daisy and I will help you and Branton with the sealing spell," she said to Winston once she felt his hand on her elbow.

Daisy appeared around the corner, invisible Branton holding her elbow as well. "Let's get this over with and out of here," Daisy said, seeing Madison. "I'm quite done with all of this."

The four of them ran down the stairs, and finished at the main door to the Palace Vermeer. "Let's turn invisible too, Madison." Daisy said, turning invisible beside Branton.

Once everyone was invisible, all of them headed out the doors, and tried to reach the black gate but, a sudden bolt of purple magic created a wall between the escapees and the gate.

"But, my princesses," came a voice so familiar to Madison's ears. "You'll miss your weddings." After these words, King Vermeer stepped out of the palace, staring directly at Madison.